Jedi Sith Restoration Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jedi Sith Restoration Project

Jedi Sith shall NEVER die!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Coruscant - The Escape

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Terand
Administrator
Administrator
Terand

Male Number of posts : 454
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Coruscant - The Escape Empty
PostSubject: Coruscant - The Escape   Coruscant - The Escape Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 6:07 pm

((Character in play: Kraisen))

Thumpthumpthump. His heart raced within his chest as he ran across the roof tops. The pouring rain didn't slow him down. He had to get any no matter what. They were after him. A brief moment's stop allowed him to get an idea of his surroundings before he ran off again. His bare feet pounded against the hard roof tops and he ran. The gaps between the buildings proved to be nothing as he jumped across them with ease. At the edge of a building, he jumped down. Using the fire escape, he grabbed the rail only to drop to the next until he reached the ground.

'Can't stop. Got to keep running.'

Now he was running through the alley ways. He had hoped to lose his pursuers by changing to the ground. Little did he know, he had lost them long ago. He was running in fear. He was running for his life. After a number of corner turns, he found himself with only two options left, try and go through a nearby door or head out into the streets. The light blue gown that clung to his body would make it nearly impossible to blend in so he went for the door. After failing to pry the door open, he looked at the access panel and thought of what to do. he didn't know how to hack through but he had to do something. Fear filled him but before he could panic the door slid open. He went in with the door closing behind him. Standing against the door, he looked around the dark room. Someone had to open the door for him but there was no one around.

'Can't stay long. Have to keep moving.'

He searched through some boxes and managed to find some old clothes so he removed his gown to change. His body was covered with surgical scars. His head was bald and had it's share of scars as well. The largest cluster of scars on his body was located around his right eye. Instead of a fleshy eyeball he had a red cybernetic eye. He was in a change of clothes in no time. The shirt he now wore must have belonged to some guy named Kraisen since that was the name on the name tag, however he didn't pay any attention to that.

Grabbing a coat from the used clothing, he went back out the door and ventured into the street with a hood over his head. Now he could blend in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coruscant - The Escape   Coruscant - The Escape Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 6:45 pm

Dawn landed her ship on the rooftop. She climbed out and walked down. Looking around she spotted a man running through an alleyway.

It's weird... he looks like he's being chased...

The boy ran into a store. Dawn used a series of windows to climb down, which was made harder by the rain, which caused her to slip on the last one and fall the few feet to the ground. As she reached the walk across a busy street, she saw the man leave. Following quietly, she tracked him.
Back to top Go down
Terand
Administrator
Administrator
Terand

PostSubject: Re: Coruscant - The Escape   Coruscant - The Escape Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 11:43 pm

His head was held down, like he was in thought, as he walked through the crowd. The real reason was so if anyone was searching for him, they would over look him. His right eye was bound to stand out among others so that was another reason. Every now and then he made some way to stop and take a look around for anyone still following. Once he pretended to tie his shoe while another acting like he was picking something off the ground. Among all the faces he saw each time, Dawn was noticed the most.

'They spotted me.'

He had to do something quick. There was no way he was going back there. He walked fast enough to try and keep some distance between him and Dawn while not going so fast as to cause a commotion among the other pedestrians. Spotting his chance, he cut a corner into a larger group of people as he continued on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coruscant - The Escape   Coruscant - The Escape Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 5:26 am

Great. Everyone has the right to their opinion, but come on! Am I catching up to him? Talking to him? Running him through? No!

Dawn dodged into the group of people and searched their faces. She also put her hand up to her chest, holding up to fingers to show she meant peace.
Back to top Go down
Terand
Administrator
Administrator
Terand

PostSubject: Re: Coruscant - The Escape   Coruscant - The Escape Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 2:48 pm

He paid no attention to the peace sign Dawn showed. The only thing he was thinking about was his freedom. There was no sign of him losing his new pursuer in the crowd so now the crowd was proving a disadvantage in the situation. He'd have to go back to running just when he was able to catch a break.

'I won't let them cut me again.'

He scanned the area while brushing past the other pedestrians. He had to get back to the open. Once he had spotted an alley, he made his move. In the alley he ran once more. The alley seemed more closed off as though in lead to a specific destination. There were no multiple turns to choose from, just one way to go. Following this path, he ran into a dead end. There was no doors to go through and the way up would be difficult because of the rain, but there was no other choice. If Dawn had followed him into the alley then she'd arrive anytime.

He stared at a wall and ran towards it at full speed. Before running into the wall he jumped up and kicked off the wall towards the adjacent wall. The force pushed him all the way to the next wall where he kicked off again towards a fire escape. His hand reached out to grasp the metal railing, but because of the rain it was too slippery to catch. He fell back to the ground and groaned as he landed on his back. Things weren't looking so good now. Now he was going to be caught.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coruscant - The Escape   Coruscant - The Escape Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 5:13 pm

Dawn saw the man run into an alley. Following, she noted the slippery floor. Using a burst of speed that had nothing to do with the Force, she propelled herself along the wall. This almost made her slip. Before long she saw the man fall right on his butt. Noting she might crash into him, she jumped to the wall on the dead end, off this and onto the next wall on the opposite side where she jumped down.

Looking the man over she asked, "Hey are you okay? No broken bones?"
Back to top Go down
Terand
Administrator
Administrator
Terand

PostSubject: Re: Coruscant - The Escape   Coruscant - The Escape Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 5:24 pm

He quickly rolled over into a crouching position as he looked at Dawn. His red eye glowed as he was ready to attack or defend at a moment's notice. Within his mind, he searched his memory of all the personnel with Dawn's image as a reference. This came with no results, but that didn't mean he would drop his guard. With a snarl, he called out to her while ignoring her question.

"Why are you following me?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coruscant - The Escape   Coruscant - The Escape Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 5:32 pm

"Well you looked like you were running from someone. If its robots, I'll take care of them. You just looked troubled," she said, seeming undaunted by the look the man gave her. "I've dealt with far worse than you," she added.
Back to top Go down
Terand
Administrator
Administrator
Terand

PostSubject: Re: Coruscant - The Escape   Coruscant - The Escape Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 5:44 pm

"My troubles are my own."

Some would think it was foolish to reject any help, but he just didn't know who to trust. Right now he didn't trust anyone.

"I don't care who you've dealt with. Get out of my way or I'll go right through you."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coruscant - The Escape   Coruscant - The Escape Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 6:06 pm

"I'd like to see that happen, pal," Dawn said, taking up a fighting stance.
Back to top Go down
Terand
Administrator
Administrator
Terand

PostSubject: Re: Coruscant - The Escape   Coruscant - The Escape Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 6:18 pm

He glared at the girl as his cybernetic eye scanned her stance. Without warning, he darted straight towards her. His speed seemed to be greater than that of a normal human, but then he wasn't normal. Before colliding with the girl, he slid and lowered his body at the last moment while drawing his right hand back. This would mostly likely allow any attack she made to go harmlessly over his head while also leaving her vulnerable to attack at such a close range. Instantly from the slide, his right hand would thrust out and strike Dawn in the stomach with the palm of his hand. If the attack hit, the force of the blow would not only knock the wind out of the girl but also knock her back a couple of feet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coruscant - The Escape   Coruscant - The Escape Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 1:01 pm

Dawn leapt up as the man ducked under her and flipped in the air three times, turning and coming down towards the man's stomach with her heel. She had timed the attack to go for his stomach, but it instead looked like her foot would hit his hand. Pausing she grabbed onto a ladder and dropped to the ground, now behind the man.

"Calm down dude, It's not like I'm ripping you apart or anything."

Last edited by Dawn Skywalker on Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Terand
Administrator
Administrator
Terand

PostSubject: Re: Coruscant - The Escape   Coruscant - The Escape Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 3:51 pm

((If you intend to go into any other fights then I'd suggest you don't make any more impossible or outrageous moves any more. Just a little tip.))

Standing up, he turned to face the girl and glared at her once more. His fists tightened with the sound of knuckles cracking before his hands relaxed. He maintained his glare for a moment before turning back around.

"Don't tell me to calm down. You stood in my way and refused to move when I warned you. Now stay out of my way."

Without any hesitation, he ran off back towards the streets. If she got in his way again, he would retaliate again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coruscant - The Escape   Coruscant - The Escape Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 10:36 pm

((Character in play: Breanna Ka'ra))

As the apparent chase between a man who appeared to be ditching someone, and an over-curious girl the streets of Coruscant continued on as if they didn't actually exist. Which was common on this planet excluding very few people. A lot of the time people were merely interested in what was going on with them. Never lending a hand to anyone else, something she found rather discouraging. At the corner of a somewhat run-done cantina a man obviously quite angry stood over her, a towering height of six foot three while she remained seated and only the mere height of five-foot nine. The pale-skinned human female was dressed in a rather tight black clothing, with a black sash around her waist that hung down to her thighs, and a few buckels and such around her waist to hold objects. With black hair that reaches the center of her chest, along with black lipstick and gray eyes.

"Alright. Tell you what chap', how 'bout you only pay me seventy-percent of my original winnings?"

Man: "What?! No! You cheated! There's no way you could have won that many times in a row!"

"It's the luck of the draw friend. Just pay me what you owe, an' we can forget all about your humiliating lost in front of all your friends. An' I won't mention tearing away your ego and supposed manly-hood in a simple game such as Pazaak. Just pay up hun."

Man: "Why you-..."

The man in anger stretched out his right arm and swung it towards her face in an attempt of back-handing her, however quickly moving she ducked underneath his arm, and launching herself forward she grabbed his right arm and using his weight against him leaned forth and pulled him over her own body down into the street, in front of the man who had just been running away from the girl. This would most likely stop him in his place, unless he'd prefer being toppled by a rather large man. Now on her right knee with her left leg stretched out she stood and sighed.

"Sorry 'bout that stranger. Take anything you want on him out of pain and suffering. Doesn't matter to me."

Though thinking to herself 'Probably not much to take though.', she sighed and turned to the crowd that had been watching.

"Anyone else up for a game?"

Last edited by Ashaiya on Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to state who I am.)
Back to top Go down
Terand
Administrator
Administrator
Terand

PostSubject: Re: Coruscant - The Escape   Coruscant - The Escape Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 12:37 am

The man nearly skidded to a halt as the large man cam crashing down before him from out of nowhere. He had thought they were on to him again and just knocked someone aside that was in their way. His cybernetic eye looked upon the woman that had thrown the man and scanned her image to compare to the others in his memory banks. Just as it had done with Dawn, the search came up with a no match. Looking down, he did a visual scan of the man as well as scanned for anything he may have hidden. Once again the scan turned up nothing, not even anything in his pockets.

He was about to continue on when he heard the woman call out for anyone else to play a game. Looking around, he saw a good sized crowd was gathered. This would make for a good place to hide. He would be out in the open, but shielded by the crowd.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coruscant - The Escape   Coruscant - The Escape Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 12:46 am

No one seemed to be willing to volunteer at this point, considering the fact she apparently was quite lucky when it came to this game. Though this wasn't usually the case, she was just on a streak today. Though noticing the man that she had accidentally just stopped didn't continue on, she took this as may be he wanted a round or two. Earn a few easy credits if luck was on his side, just was too shy to ask or something. Wouldn't be the first time she encountered a shy man, since she was a rather out-going dominating woman. Often not the type to be found around these parts, however she credited it to being raised by Mandalorian parents. As females in their culture were also taught to fight and handle weaponry, and often fought along side men if they didn't have a home to take care of.

Turning to him, she out-stretched her arms in a welcoming way.

"How 'bout you friend? Up for a round or two of Pazaak?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coruscant - The Escape   Coruscant - The Escape Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 5:28 am

Following the man, Dawn cursed under her breath. She saw him head into a crowd and a girl talk to him about playing some game called Pazaak.

Dawn walked up towards he two and called, " Have fun with him."

Having said that, she turned and left.
Back to top Go down
Terand
Administrator
Administrator
Terand

PostSubject: Re: Coruscant - The Escape   Coruscant - The Escape Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 5:04 pm

Before he knew what was going on, he was being dragged in to play the game. He scanned his memory for any knowledge of the game Pazaak but found nothing. He had no idea what to do and he didn't have any money to play. If he didn't find a way out, no doubt he would be involved in a scene like the other man.

"Sorry but I've never played and I don't have any money."

Whether or not the woman dragged him into the game, she would know he had no money to pay if he lost. As for not knowing how to play, that was easier to remedy thanks to his skills or sorts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coruscant - The Escape   Coruscant - The Escape Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 5:14 pm

She glanced at the random girl who told her to have fun with him. 'The hell?', mentally shrugging off the odd girl she turned her attention back to the man who she invited for a couple rounds of Pazaak. She considered she may be able to teach him to play Pazaak. Not being the most complicated game at that. However she realized if he didn't know how to play, he most likely didn't have a deck to actually play with. The lack of money was a bit discouraging as well, but she was bored enough to play without any betting. Though that too wasn't an option anymore.

"Oh? That's a shame."

Turning to the table she was previously playing she collected her cards once more, formed a deck, and placed it in a pouch that was hanging from her waist from one of the buckels.

"Hey, don't think I've really seen you around before. Been here long?"

If she couldn't gamble, she may as well spark a conversation with someone.
Back to top Go down
Terand
Administrator
Administrator
Terand

PostSubject: Re: Coruscant - The Escape   Coruscant - The Escape Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 5:43 pm

"Kinda, but I'm new to the area."

He had to watch what he said. Too much info spoken out could be picked by those after him and then he'd be on the run again. It seemed the encounter with the woman allowed him a chance to rest from all the running. However, to keep the subject from him, he had to speak up to the woman and take charge of the conversation.

"How long have you been around?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coruscant - The Escape   Coruscant - The Escape Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 5:52 pm

Sitting down on a chair that was located outside the cantina next to a table, also outside the cantina. Though it was faint you could still hear the music from out here. Just where it wasn't loud enough that you'd almost consider shooting yourself. Pushing out a chair on the opposite side of the table she then signaled with her right hand for him to sit. Taking note of his question, she'd answer after making her own comment.

"Sit down. No point in chatting standing."

Answering him regardless of whether or not he sat.

"An' me? I've been here about a month now. Though it's a very large change from Dxun, I think I'm settling in alright. Want a drink or something?"
Back to top Go down
Terand
Administrator
Administrator
Terand

PostSubject: Re: Coruscant - The Escape   Coruscant - The Escape Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 6:19 pm

Sitting down, his eyes scanned the area. He didn't where they could be or when they'd jump out after him. He had to keep his guard up.

"Just some water please. Tell me, how is the area around here. I'm thinking of relocating."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coruscant - The Escape   Coruscant - The Escape Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 6:28 pm

Signaling a waitress droid for a glass of water, the bot rushed off only to return in about five minutes with his glass of water. Handing a few credits to the droid it made it's way off once more. Turning back to him she then nodded slightly, understanding somewhat as to why he would like to move. This area of the planet wasn't exactly the greatest, though it was far from the worst.

"It's not too bad. You have a bit of everything here. You have the beggars and criminals you'd expect to find in lower Coruscant, and other ghettos. But you also have the stuck-up snobs with far too many credits than necessary. If you intend to move, then I suggest finding another area like this. Rich areas often have a lot of media to it, which is never nice. But the extremely ghetto you have to watch your back constantly. Also not the best."

Her eyes shifted over to a death stick dealer as he approached her offering some. Responding with a simple 'No, I'm alright' he made his way over to others. Looking quite paranoid as well.

"At least in these areas, the snobs are too busy trying to get into richer areas to care about you. The media only focuses on the good parts of the planet. An' the thugs and such aren't poor enough to actually make a move on someone, let alone consider taking a life."
Back to top Go down
Terand
Administrator
Administrator
Terand

PostSubject: Re: Coruscant - The Escape   Coruscant - The Escape Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 7:35 pm

"Hmm, perhaps I'll check the are out some."

Picking up the glass, he took a generous drink of the water to whet his dry mouth. The water felt good after all the running he had been doing. Looking around once more, he eyed the streets, buildings, and even rooftops for any sign of trouble before turning back to the woman.

"It looks like nice area."

This last remark was an attempt for an excuse to his looking around. He didn't want to seem too paranoid in front of her. If anything happened, it'd end his short rest and he'd go back to running, which he was tired of doing already.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coruscant - The Escape   Coruscant - The Escape Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 9:36 pm

"Fairly decent."

Grinning lightly to herself as he looked around, she and a few other people did indeed notice him quickly make his way through the crowds in pursuit of the girl. So she figured he was either looking around a bit for her, or maybe her accomplices?

"What can I call you stranger?"

Though avoiding her previous thought for now, she'd confront him after getting a name out of him. She would after all check to see if there were any bounties out for him, and if there was for what reason. If he was just another petty criminal then she'd gladly take him in. If not, then she'd at least know a bit more about his situation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coruscant - The Escape   Coruscant - The Escape Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coruscant - The Escape
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next