Jedi Sith Restoration Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jedi Sith Restoration Project

Jedi Sith shall NEVER die!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Coruscant Bar--Leisure Time

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Coruscant Bar--Leisure Time Empty
PostSubject: Coruscant Bar--Leisure Time   Coruscant Bar--Leisure Time Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 1:00 am

((Open RP--I tried to keep this short and sweet))

The streets were alive tonight.

Of course, they were busy every night--this was, after all, Coruscant--but recently they had regained that special quality that just made them seem so much more vibrant. Whereas before, at least in this part of town, the people could be seen bustling about, glancing behind them and to the side every so often and trying to get to their destination as quickly as possible, nowadays the undercurrent of fear was gone, and people--at least some of them--walked at a much more leisurely pace, no longer looking over their shoulder. Some had even stopped carrying sidearms, though that was a precaution that most were still uncomfortable with the prospect of giving up. The talk of the day--or of the month, rather--was the crime rates. They had skyrocketed after the Jedi had abandoned the planet; no one knew why the Jedi had left, but the fact remained that they had inexplicably vanished and left their temple in shambles. Encouraged by the removal of their greatest threat, the crime lords began to re-exert their authority on the planet; they grew more and more confident until it was no longer safe to walk the streets even in broad daylight. But now, everything had changed. The crime rates had plummeted in recent weeks, and the crime lords had either turned up dead or had retreated into inactivity.

Someone had once referred to him as the Dark Knight, and the nickname caught on. He was said to roam the streets at night, stopping evildoers in his own ruthless way, looking out for the people of Coruscant who were unable to protect themselves. There were disputes as to what he looked like; some said he was a human, others believed him to be a Trandoshan, still more said he was a Shistavanen...or, even more ominous, an Anzat. He was rumored to stand more than 7 feet tall and was said to kill a flick of his finger. Because of this rumors abounded: he was sent here by the Jedi, to guard them in their time of need; he was some sort of warlock or fiend; he was an angel from God; he was a manifestation of the Force itself. He was called a savior, a protector, a vigilante, a criminal, a defender, a hero. The only thing known for certain was that he went about hooded and cloaked, and it was said no one had ever seen his true face.

Slayer reveled in the irony. These stories surrounded him as he entered the crowded cantina; they were the topic of interest all over the place, and yet here he was, the "Dark Knight," the so-called savior of Coruscant, walking around in broad daylight. Although the hood that he wore even now to cloak his face might cause some to wonder, the fact that he was walking around so nonchalantly dispelled all such thoughts; besides, no one wanted to believe that their "Dark Knight" was only about as tall as a Jawa. Indeed, were it not for the many weapons surrounding Slayer's waist, as well as the fact that he was light years from Tatooine, most would assume he was a Jawa.

That was a dangerous assumption to make.

The bounty hunter walked quickly to a booth in the corner and sat with his back against the wall, then ordered a seltzer water and tapped into the Force, using it to enhance his hearing so that he could now hear every conversation going on around the cantina. He made a habit of visiting these bars whenever he could, though he could care less about the alcohol. It was the thoughts of the people he wanted to hear, a gauge of what they thought was happening so that he could judge how well his task was moving. It was also hugely entertaining for him to hear the people gush about their new hero in hushed whispers, as they did now. Little did they know that their "Dark Knight" had an ulterior motive, one that would probably end up plunging the planet into a worse state than it was before. Yes, the crime lords were dead or cowed into submission, but he suspected that the Sith--if Redack were in fact still a Sith--would be much worse for these people. He held no qualms about that; it was just his job, after all, and he wasn't taking over the planet. In fact, this job was so clean that even were he arrested for his role in the soon-to-be takeover of the planet (not that he would ever allow that to happen), they would not be able to prove any wrongdoing on his part; he was obviously just cleaning up the streets, just like the Jedi do. Who could fault him for that?

A dark grin spread across his cloaked face as he considered the days to come, and he sipped his seltzer water, allowing his senses to play out across the cantina. Dark days were coming, that was for sure...but not for him, and that was all that mattered.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coruscant Bar--Leisure Time   Coruscant Bar--Leisure Time Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 5:33 pm

((Fine...no one RP with poor little Slayer. Sad)
Back to top Go down
Mark Kenobi

Mark Kenobi

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Coruscant Bar--Leisure Time   Coruscant Bar--Leisure Time Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 5:42 pm

(Um... I'll join later if you're really that lonely. Wink )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coruscant Bar--Leisure Time   Coruscant Bar--Leisure Time Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 9:35 pm

((Well, it would be nice to get to RP as one of my developed characters. The RPs I'm doing with Terand are fun enough, but they really can't compare with RPing as someone I created and developed myself. I haven't had a good back-and-forth RP like that in ages.))
Back to top Go down
Mark Kenobi

Mark Kenobi

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Coruscant Bar--Leisure Time   Coruscant Bar--Leisure Time Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 2:02 pm

(So you're a Dark Knight too huh? Laughing I think Wind used that name too once.

I will try to join ASAP, though I will definitely be joining after my fight with Jeth, if not before. Wink )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coruscant Bar--Leisure Time   Coruscant Bar--Leisure Time Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 2:18 pm

((Yeah, I thought it seemed a little cheesy but I happened to be listening to that movie while I was writing this. Wink))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coruscant Bar--Leisure Time   Coruscant Bar--Leisure Time Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 8:01 pm

((Post poned Razz))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coruscant Bar--Leisure Time   Coruscant Bar--Leisure Time Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coruscant Bar--Leisure Time
Page 1 of 1