Jedi Sith Restoration Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jedi Sith Restoration Project

Jedi Sith shall NEVER die!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten

Go down 
+4
Terand
Rose Maythorn
Zanic Scorchi
Trever Leingod
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Trever Leingod

Trever Leingod

Male Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-11-13

FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten Empty
PostSubject: FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten   FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 10:38 pm

Departing from the summit of the meeting and the resurrection of the Jedi Council, Wind returned the blindfold that was in his pocket back around his eyes. With his new status as Jedi Master, with his oath to help the galaxy and the people within it, Wind intended to make an announcement to all the people that the Jedi Order had not just attended to the pleasantries of electing a new Jedi Council and dispatching a single Darksider, nor had the Jedi forgotten of the people's welfare. Though forgotten he was by the galaxy, he would not return to solitude to leave the people that had suffered so much to suffer even more by the impending anarchy that would ensue without proper goverment.

He would make the point, casting the message to all regions of the Galactic Republic, with the intent of restoring order and democracy by proposing the election of a new Supreme Chancellor and all respective government authority to their respective areas. The order of the galaxy had been torn with the destruction of the Republic when the late Chancellor had been assassinated and Malas Tadra had been appointed Emperor by Darklord Belial. He found his way to the Coruscant Capital building, and within it utilized the holonet caster to convey his message to the Galaxy.

“This is Jedi Master Leingod speaking. I realize the Jedi Order has been seriously neglecting its duties to preserve democracy and the freedom and protection of its people. I am embarrassed to say that all the Jedi combined did not stop the recent invasion of the Sith, even though their rule here was short. Just as the holonet broadcast from Master Kenobi stated, there is a new Jedi Council, and we intend to stop any invading force from ever harming the Galactic Republic and the people that reside therein.

“As for the first order of business, we must now elect a new Supreme Chancellor, and re-establish all former governmental positions to their respective areas. You are all requested to attend the election for the new Chancellor here on Coruscant, which is to be held here shortly. I invite all representatives of the Republic that remain to attend, and to establish order and give protection to the people as best they can. As the Jedi are peacekeepers and protectors of people and the peace, we shall do what we can to aid each and all establishments of communities and cultures that need help as best as we are able.

“The impending threat of the return of the Unholy Alliance shall be dealt with imminently. Master Kenobi has endeavored to engage Lord Anarcus and intends to pluck the crisis at its roots. His clone army will be acting as our primary defense to other invading forces that intend inflict harm or to conquer the Republic as the Sith have recently done. As one of the Jedi Masters that have been given the privilege to command this army, I have ordered this clone force to remain close to our orbit to fend off any impending invaders. This is in order to keep peace and secure the safety of our dear people. The planetary shield will also be powered and reactivated as soon as possible. The protection of other planetary star systems will also be reinforced. Commerce will be freely allowed, and will be aided if necessary to help the economic welfare of the Galactic Republic and its people.

“Master Rikhard has taken initiative to rebuild the Jedi Temple on Coruscant to once more stand as a symbol of the Jedi, who are the advisors of those in the Galactic government and shield of all galactic residents. All Jedi Knights are requested to return to Coruscant to help of the restoration of this Temple and oversee the restoration of the Galactic Senate.

“I myself will personally overlook all undertakings here on Coruscant to ensure the reestablishment of the Senate as we once knew it in its glory. I will also enforce the policing of crime on Coruscant by appropriate usage of clone squads and the remnants of the Galactic police. We will not be nor become dictators but rather be the benign servants of the Galaxy as we were in the days of the Old Republic.

“Anyone who wishes to voice their concerns or opinions regarding this movement is free to bring inquiries to me or Master Rikhard, as we will be residing on Coruscant for an indefinite amount of time as we try to fulfill our duties as members of the Jedi Council. May the Force be with you all.”

Leaving it at that, the Jedi Master ended the transmission. Wind prepared to make accommodations for the pending congregation of the Galactic Senate by leaving for the Senate chambers in anticipation of the new election.

Last edited by Desra on Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:13 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Making small corrections)
Back to top Go down
Trever Leingod

Trever Leingod

FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten   FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 10:50 pm

(People who wish to attend the election - I might use this thread to follow it and overlook it. If anyone wants to join the thread, you are welcome to.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten   FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 5:06 am

((I have a serious question: Why would you broadcast exactly WHERE the mass of your fleet and army will be?))
Back to top Go down
Zanic Scorchi

Zanic Scorchi

Male Number of posts : 1068
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten   FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 4:11 pm

((Character in play: Zanic Scorchi))

Zanic and Dawn had decided on coming to the meeting to elect the new supreme chancellor than training some more. Zanic knew where to go. When he got to the Senate Chambers,(hopefully Dawn was following him) he walked inside. He was wearing his jedi robe with his hands inside of his sleeves and his lightsabers at the ready. Zanic found newly-elected Jedi Master Trevor Leingod, also known as Wind.

"Master Leingod. Good to see you so soon." Trevor and him were pretty good friends. "Do you mind if I join you?" What Zanic meant by that was to stand by him as sort of a body-guard.
Back to top Go down
Rose Maythorn

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten   FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 5:48 pm

Dawn followed him. Being on Coruscant's upper levels had brought the blonde into her hair, and her eyes sparkles. She followed her Master, hands behind her head. She knew Zanic's intentions to be body-guards, and sighed as he hadn't consulted her.

"So... when's this election?" Dawn asked, casually flipping her lightsaber in one hand up and down.
Back to top Go down
Trever Leingod

Trever Leingod

PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten   FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 5:12 pm

Wind turned to face his Jedi friends as they came in, along with most of the Senate chamber being filled.

"Greetings, Master Scorchi, Padawan Skywalker. You are both welcome to stay. I am overlooking the election and watching over the proceedings. Apparently, we are going to have to do this carefully, since the Wayland Empire is currently in control of all nearby star systems. I believe Master Kenobi hopes to negotiate with Jacen Valor after dispatching Lord Anarcus, so that the Republic with be allowed to flourish under the watch of the Wayland Empire.... otherwise, I am afraid it's war."

Most of the former Senators had come to make their votes and officially regain their voice. One out of these many Senators was about to claim the office of the Supreme Chancellor, if Mark did indeed manage to negotiate with Jacen.

Wind went up to a pedestal, where a microphone was at the ready. He would address all present members of the ordeal at hand. He removed his blindfold for the moment.

"Greetings to all members of the Galactic Senate. I am Master Leingod, representative for the Jedi Order. As you all know, the present assembly was called to elect a new Supreme Chancellor. However, before the election begins, I must inform you that there is a risk - we are still under the occupation of the Wayland Empire. It is unlikely they will tolerate our usage of liberty to elect a supreme official to guide the government. Master Kenobi will attempt to negotiate with Jacen Valor to ensure a peaceful transition under the reign of the Wayland Empire. If the negotiations fail, and the Wayland Empire instead decides to enforce their rulings against the people, we must either cooperate... or it's war. Master Kenobi's army is large to offer sufficient resistant. However, it is not the Jedi Order's decision to make this call. Know the risks of making this election, as the Wayland Empire may see it as a sign of retaliation. Make your decisions now."

Wind stepped down from the pedestal as the Senators made their decision. Before long, the answer was seemingly unianimous - they would take their chances with freedom.

"Give me liberty, or give me death," thought Wind. "It's all up to you now, Mark."

And so the vote began. Wind could only stand and watch as the fate of a galaxy unraveled itself.
Back to top Go down
Zanic Scorchi

Zanic Scorchi

PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten   FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 10:05 pm

Zanic thanked Master Leingod and agreed with what he said.

"Cocky are we?" Zanic asked for the statement of Mark Kenobi dispatching Lord Anarcus. "I know master Obi-Mark is powerful, but so is Lord Anarcus. That will be a tough battle."

He stood by the jedi master's side as the votes were cast with his lightsabers at the ready.
Back to top Go down
Trever Leingod

Trever Leingod

PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten   FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 10:51 pm

(I will keep this short. Wink )

Trever looked over to Zanic, smiling. He brushed back his dark hair that came down over his eyebrows, his glimmering green eyes showing a hint of amusement.

"Cocky, dear Zanic? No." Trever put his hand on Zanic's shoulder. "Mark was my master, and we went on many missions together, mostly against the legendary Dark Lord Merlock. He and I were among the most prominent Jedi of the time, stopping the Sith when no other Jedi were around. No Sith or darksider ever managed to beat Obi-Mark Kenobi, and I doubt this one will either."

Trever turned around, facing the vast Senate chamber.

"Besides, he just has to pull through. Everything will fall to ruin if he fails."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten   FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 11:01 am

Suddenly, the image on the projector in the middle of the room flickered, as did the holoscreens that had been set before the Senators. They glanced around in confusion as a new image resolved itself on the screens--a mysterious-looking figure dressed all in black, standing tall and proudly. The figure's face was obscured, but it was somehow not threatening...in fact, it was projecting an air of worry. "This vote must stop at once!" the figure cried plaintively, the voice reverberating around the room.

Now that he had the Senator's attention, the figure calmed down somewhat, but he still had an aura of worry and pleading about him, and it bled out through his voice. "My friends, I am sorry for interrupting you in such a manner, but I had no other way of getting your attention. There is much at stake here, and it was of utmost importance that my message get through."

"What have the Jedi done for you, for Coruscant? They abandoned this place, left it to the criminals in the underworld, and allowed the planet to crumble. They didn't even make a stand against the Sith when they returned, and I doubt they ever would have. It was left to me, the one you may know as the Dark Knight, to clean up the mess the Jedi neglected, the mire of crime, and up to the Wayland Empire to liberate you from the Sith. And yet, now the Jedi return, after the problems have been taken care of, and they try to claim credit for this! It's the same old thing that they have always done, in their never-ending quest for power."

"Moreover, let us not forget that these Jedi are not even as virtuous as the Jedi of old. They seized power even within their own Order, holding a secret ballot so as to ensure that they would be the ones selected, and they now return to dictate what you--the government of the Republic--are to do. I ask you, can you trust such people, based merely on the fact that they tell you you can trust them? They have only just returned, and they think not only to decide what course this government will take, but they also ask you to go to war for them! Oh, they say it is for liberty, but do not be deceived--that's just clever rhetoric to get you to go along with their bidding. Meanwhile, the Wayland Empire was the one who liberated this world from the Sith, and the Jedi the ones who sat back and watched while they did it."

"I beseech you, my fellow people of Coruscant, do not give in to the tyrannical ambitions of the Jedi. Do not believe their lies and rhetoric. Do not allow them to take over the free government of the people, and do not allow them to drag you into a war you do not need to fight and which you cannot win. I regret also that I don't believe I shall be able to offer my protection any more while the Jedi yet hold sway over the planet, for lone dissenting voices such as myself will be silenced. Only together can we stand up to confront this menace and drive these enemies of peace and freedom off of our planet!"

The Senate chamber would fall silent as the figure did...silent, but for the Senate aides who had come into the chamber during the speech to inform their Senators that the message was being sent as an emergency broadcast all over the planet, and people were listening. Suddenly, the Senators' desires to do as the Jedi directed them were considerably diminished as they considered this new information.

In an underground bunker not far from the Senate building, Slayer fought back a smile. People--especially politicians--were so easy to manipulate, and the Jedi weren't making it any harder with their actions, which were so easy to twist into being something monstrous that he wondered if his accusations were that far off the mark. Of course, it didn't really matter, so long as this delayed the vote that was about to take place, and he was confident that it would--not only would the Senators be considerably more uneasy and conflicted about voting to support the Jedi personally, they would be so professionally, as well, for because he had sent the message around the planet, the Senators would be worried about the resolve and the will of their constituents--the ones that kept them in office. Something as big as voting for a war--especially one that might not be justified, and one that might not go very well--could tarnish their reputations forever and doom their chances at higher office...or even at maintaining this one. No matter what the Jedi said, Slayer knew that the chances that the vote would progress today were approaching zero, and the chances that they would recall their war resolution for further scrutiny were astronomical. The Jedi would have to completely persuade them--all Slayer had to do was plant that little seed of doubt in their minds.

He was fortunate to have such an excellent slicer in Blancna. She was second to none--or maybe second to him--in the slicing world, and this had enabled them to pirate the airwaves with little to no difficulty...of course, the Republic slicers would likely already be attempting to wrest back control of the airwaves, but Slayer was confident that she would be able to hold them off for as long as was necessary, as well as conceal their location...she had, after all, learned from a master. Once they had control of the broadcasting system, it was a simple matter to change Slayer's image and voice on the screen, as his natural appearance and voice would not be conducive to the task at hand.

Blancna, who was seated at a computer terminal nearby, gave him the thumbs-up, indicating that his message had gone through and was being broadcast to the entire planet. Slayer made no acknowledgement, knowing that any movement he made would be projected onto the image onscreen, but he was satisfied...now that the clip had gone out, it would be replayed over and over on news stations, and the people would remember that much better than the speech made by the forgotten Jedi, and no matter how the rest of the confrontation went down within the Senate building, the Senators would have to be mindful of the feelings of the people themselves.

((Just thought I'd make it a little more interesting. Wink We're treading into interesting territory, now...we have to figure out the reactions of NPCs that neither one of us should have the ability to control. Not sure exactly how we'll work that out, but we'll have to manage.))
Back to top Go down
Trever Leingod

Trever Leingod

PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten   FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 1:40 pm

As the figure made his speech and allegations, Trever stood and watch the audience's reactions. While some of what the man had said was true, he added a fair deal of lies into his monologue. The Jedi Master stepped up to the podium once more and spoke.

"Some of what you have said is true, but as I had stated my transmission, the Jedi took no claim in securing the Republic from the Sith. I exclaimed my shame how little we did to stop them, in fact, if you saw the holocast. I would have tried to do something, but it was not within my power to stop them. The Jedi were weak at the moment, and we still are to some degree.

"You also accused us of holding a secret meeting to make sure we were the ones elected, while in fact it was an open vote, and most of the known-to-be-alive Jedi were present. We made the decision to elect our Council in front of Jacen, the owner of the Wayland Empire.

"The Jedi have continuously sacrificed their lives for the betterment of the people, and you accuse us of being tyrants, manipulators, and enemies of peace? On what factual ground can you state these accusations?

"You have also accused me of forcing the people to vote, and that I encouraged them to allow us to make an act of war. I did no such thing - I made a request, and the people all came here of their free will to re-establish their rightful place in the Republic. I wish for no war, but I have indeed warned them of the possible outcome if Master Kenobi fails to negotiate with the Wayland Empire. The people decided on their own to continue the vote for a Chancellor.

"Dear people of the Republic, this man is attempting to deceive you all. You heard me with your own ears what my intentions were - if need be, I can play back those words right now. He has purposely cast doubt on us Jedi for some reason so that you would cast doubt on your own decisions. I have made you do nothing by force - I have only tried to give back to you what is rightfully yours. The Jedi have never done you wrong wilfully - why would we now?"

The Jedi Master concluded his rebuttal and sat down once more, watching the reaction of the people. They knew what he said was true, for much of what the enshrouded man said was deliberate distortions of what Master Leingod had said. Slowly but surely, the people began having doubts on the honesty of the shadowed figure.
Back to top Go down
Zanic Scorchi

Zanic Scorchi

PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten   FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 4:11 pm

Zanic listened to the shadowed figure. He recognized that voice, but he didn't have a clue to who it was. There was a great deal of lies in what he said. Then Trevor spoke up. Zanic tried to pitch in, but he wasn't a very good speaker.

"True; the jedi didn't help there, but the sith are no better. He is trying to twist your minds." Zanic said pointing to the figure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten   FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 6:58 pm

((I'm afraid it's not that easy, Wind. Firstly, you can't just expect the people to blindly believe everything that you say, not now that it's been called into question. Since Slayer got in the crucial first strike, he's put your character on the defensive, and when you're in the political realm like this the person on the defensive always loses. Now that Slayer has planted that seed of doubt in the peoples' minds, Wind isn't going to have nearly the amount of support he would have had before, because the people are going to be suspicious of his words. Secondly, you can't really cause the people to question Slayer's honesty like that because he's made no outright lies, just twisted the facts. Yes, they are falsehoods, but when he's undermining your honesty, you can't just say "I said this before" and have people accept that as absolute proof of your intentions--now that they're looking at you with a skewed perspective, they aren't going to accept that as readily as they would before. Saying something does not make it so, and Wind's at a bit of a disadvantage here in that he has to win the trust of the people. Slayer just has to undermine their trust in you, to make sure they have reasonable room for doubt, not to completely convince them of your untrustworthiness or to convince them of his own trustworthiness. A lot of lies combined with a little bit of truth can take you a long ways, and the Senators, being politicians, are certainly going to be mindful of that, which is going to make them worry about the opinion of their constituents and would probably end up making them delay any vote they were to make--voting for something as big as a war and a new Chancellor can be a career-breaking move if the people don't agree. Thirdly, Slayer has a few more advantages in that he struck first in a dramatic fashion, which is going to be much more memorable in the minds of the people. Wind's speech wouldn't be seen as much more than a defensive rebuttal, and one that would be overshadowed by the manner in which Slayer sent his message, as well as the content of Slayer's message--which is somewhat more interesting, if not as truthful, as what Wind is saying. Rebuttals are generally not noticed nearly as much as the speech itself is, anyways, as only the most informed care enough to watch them. Also, Slayer has an established record right now under his assumed persona the "Dark Knight." Under that pseudonym he brought crime down to record lows, and even though the people can't be entirely sure that he really is who he claims to be, the content of his speech is much more important than who he is...although the mere possibility that he is who he says he is would get people's hopes up and make them want to believe him.

Finally, of course I expected you to have a rebuttal. I'm not as much of an idiot as you all seem to think I am. I had this ready for you to further throw Wind's speech into obscurity.))

Fighting a smirk off his face, Slayer listened to Wind's rebuttal. The Jedi obviously had no idea that his words were not currently being broadcast to the galaxy--even if Slayer had wanted Wind to be heard, he couldn't have accomplished that without removing his own image and sound from the screens, since the input of sound was coming from two completely different places--Slayer himself had to listen to Wind's speech through a tiny device he had fitted into his ear. He raised his head slightly to look up at Blancna, who still sat behind the recording device, and she raised one finger in the air, the signal that she was freezing his image on the screens of the Senate while allowing him to continue to be broadcast in real-time everywhere else. It was important that Wind's remarks be contained until later--Blancna could probably slice into the holocams in the Senate building and prevent any of Wind's speech from being captured on tape or film at all, but they would still remain on the official Senate record, and Slayer didn't want it to seem like he was silencing the Jedi...this way, he would avoid that impression, as well as rob Wind's rebuttal of any of its momentum, turning it into almost an afterthought on the events that transpired today. Some people would see it on the news later, and those in the Senate Chambers (mostly Senators) would see it as it unfolded, but it would lose much of its significance, as well as most of its audience. This was a difficult trick, and Slayer would have to finish his message quickly if Blancna were to maintain this for the entire speech.

"Of course, the Jedi would never admit to these allegations. I feel the need to point out, however, that what they have been saying does not add up. They say they were too weak to deal with the Sith and the criminals on Coruscant, but evidently now that the Wayland Empire has done their work for them they believe they're strong enough to come in and 'save the galaxy' by reinstating and helping to run the new government. Need I remind you that the Sith were only just recently run off this planet? They were too weak then, but not now? Evidently, also, they aren't too weak to send one of their new Council members off to finish off a personal vendetta at the same time as they try to run this government. It seems they were never too weak at all, only unwilling."

"The Jedi are currently coercing the Senate into making a war resolution against a superior force. My fellow citizens of Coruscant, there's something wrong with that picture. Why would the Jedi say they wanted to protect us, and then encourage our leaders to get us into a costly war, one that is avoidable and, indeed, completely unnecessary, against the ones who truly liberated our planet from the Sith? This, coupled with their complete unwillingness to help us in our time of need, would seem to indicate their aims are rather to rule over us, or perhaps destroy us, than to protect us. Who are they to tell us we need protection, when we have already been liberated both from crime and from the Sith? The Wayland Empire has not always been our friend, but they, at least, liberated us from the Sith--far more than these so-called Jedi have done. We do not need the Jedi's protection. We do not need them meddling in our governmental affairs. And we do not need their behind-the-scenes tyranny. My fellow people, my Senators, I beseech you, don't allow them to hold sway over you. Don't believe their deceit and lies, for beneath their benign exteriors and pretty words lie dark intentions. Even within their Order, these Jedi are not held in high regard, despite their current rank--no matter what they may tell you, I know there are Jedi who were not able to attend this vote of theirs, Jedi who oppose this Council as usurpers who strategically held the vote when only their supporters among the Jedi were around. If they would ostracize their own members and deny those dissenters a vote in order to gain power, what more will they do to us? If the Jedi themselves do not hold them as the leaders of their order, why should we hold them as having any authority within our government, when traditionally Jedi have stayed out of our affairs? I beg of you, please think long and hard about this before you hand them the reigns of power."

With that, Slayer made a subtle wave of his hand, and Blancna cut the feed to the surrounding area. As Wind finished his speech, she started the recording they had just made of Slayer's second speech, broadcasting it to the Senate chambers. That should at least keep the Jedi busy, and Slayer and Blancna would take turns monitoring the airwaves, making sure that no similar large-scale broadcasts were made by the Jedi. They would get their say on the news, but in nowhere near as dramatic a fashion.

((Not what I meant it to be, but I had to write it fast and cut it short because I'm not going to be around this weekend, so I didn't want to keep your characters stuck here. What I think should happen, pretty much no matter what Wind says, is that the Senate adjourns for security reasons, as well as their need to figure out the current public attitude towards these issues--running polls, mostly. That should go on at least a week IC, more likely two, along with some public-relations stuff that the Jedi have to do in order to restore their tarnished reputations after this, and then, assuming there are no further disturbances, they could reconvene and adopt these measures. I'm not trying to bring down the whole operation, but I'd like you to at least have to work a little harder at it.

However, I'm going to allow you to make the NPC's do what you will, and I'm not going to argue about it when I get back, even if I disagree. I would just hope that you would take my arguments and suggestions into account when you do make your decision. Have a good weekend.))
Back to top Go down
Trever Leingod

Trever Leingod

PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten   FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 9:22 pm

(I would never believe you to be an idiot, Lancer, nor did I not expect you to reply to my rebuttal. However, most of what your character said in the last post was outright lies, as stated by a number of people in the CB when they viewed the post. For instance, you outright alleged the Jedi Order of claiming credit for Coruscant’s liberation, when I specifically credited the Wayland Empire for it and announced that the Jedi were irresponsible in their lack of action. He is also stating things he couldn’t seem to know, and you’re insulting the reliability of our characters on no good grounds, considering the only Jedi that opposed our decisions and don’t like us is a mere two. Politicians may easily have their judgment brought to question, but they’re not stupid enough to believe a claim that was pre-refuted.

Also, there is no vote for open war – simply a statement notifying the people of the possible outcome. The vote is solely for the election of a Supreme Chancellor.

I appreciate your input to add a twist, however. It has added a lot of interest to the thread. Very Happy )

The Jedi Master arose one more to the podium to speak. The enshrouded figure was apparently trying to mix facts with ungrounded allegations. He did not really lie this time around, but he was doing a considerable job casting doubt on the Jedi with flashy rhetoric. Wind could feel the deception coming from the man, and noticed his own speech was being aired publically on a galactic sale, while his own was not. He could confirm this by the information he had in his datapad. A message had been sent by a Clone Commander, confiding to the Jedi Master that signal was being tampered with. He used a written command to the clone forces with the datapad, requesting that a group of expert clone slicers to reroute the pathways to send out Wind's message on a large-scale, effectively countering the figure's deceptive attempt to leave out the Jedi's speech. The group would serve as a fail-safe to any modifications that the hidden slicer's attempts to cut out Wind's rebuttal.

“You make it sound like the Jedi were allowing crime to spread unchecked, while in fact myself and another fellow Jedi Knight who participated in the council vote, were both on Coruscant and helping local police officers in the apprehension of many criminals, keeping the planetary crime rate to a minimum while somewhat deterring the influence of the Sith, although we have stated we did not anything directly against them. If need be, I can request police reports to confirm this information. I was able to defeat the Dark Lord of the Sith on Bespin, but I was not in a position to do anything when he came to conquer Coruscant.

“The Jedi Order has managed to regroup its numbers since the time that the Sith conquered the galaxy. When the Sith came to conquer this planet, the remaining Jedi were not sufficient in numbers nor organized enough to put up any resistance. Master Kenobi’s clone force could have put exceptional resistance if he had been present, but it seems he was not notified of the Sith’s presence until they had already been driven out. At present, Master Kenobi is on an away mission to dispatch Lord Anarcus, true – but he is a single darksider, who, at the moment, has absolutely no means of conquering a planet. In other words, he has decided to nip the problem in the bud, so to speak, to avert any reoccurrence of the Sith’s recent conquest here. Your allegation that the Jedi were unwilling to stop the Sith makes no sense, as you yourself have stated that Master Kenobi spared no time in rushing off to take on a potential threat. If we had wanted power over the Republic, would we not have stopped the Sith and take our power from them?

“Also, you have twice alleged that I requested a vote for open war. I did no such thing. I simply notified all present that the vote for a new Chancellor could provoke the Wayland Empire into violent operation. We will do all our power in our power to prevent any such war, for we have no desire to attack our liberators – said war would an absolute last resort and only if the Wayland Empire oppresses the people. If Master Kenobi manages to succeed in his diplomatic mission to compromise with the Wayland Empire, all shall be well.

“The Jedi Order is not demanding any special authority in the Republic. We are going to remain advisors and protectors as we have been in past ages, nothing more. The only reason I personally saw to arranging this vote was to re-establish the seat of the Supreme Chancellor. No one else had taken the responsibility, so I had little choice, rather than allowing the former Republic fall to anarchy. I have no idea why you keep accusing us Jedi of trying to steal positions of power – we have never done so in the past.

“As for future matters, the Jedi Order has no intention to ‘meddle’ in government affairs. I have put myself on the line for this one occasion, and for reasons already stated.

“It is true that us on the Council are not held in high regards by some other Jedi - ones that have not even been following the Jedi code exactly – but these numbers are fewer than the ones by which we were elected. You are trying to deceive the people into believing we rigged our election by leaving a good deal of other Jedi out, while in fact I only know of two living Jedi Knights that did not attend the vote, and one of those two deliberately left the meeting before the vote was cast.

“Two Jedi Knights that oppose the current Council’s traditional views would not have changed the outcome of the elected Masters, so most of the Jedi Order recognizes us as their leaders. Although I would prefer not to have to bring us this up, but he makes it as sound as though this man is stating these two Jedi - who have done fairly little for the Order or the people according to public knowledge, while he is seemingly claiming that they have done a great deal for it - had great positions of power within the Jedi Order but were usurped by the present council, whom he accuses to have never done anything for the people. However, as the Jedi archives will dictate, the three of us Masters on the Council have continuously opposed the Sith, at least one of us many times even stopping prior Dark Lords from taking control of this planet. Some of you may even recall the deeds of Master Kenobi and his apprentice as they were the only Jedi here to defend from the forces of the Dark Lord Merlock, and how they succeeded.

“Each of this man’s allegations are ungrounded assaults on the Jedi order. Needless to say, each and every time the Republic lacked the influence of the Jedi Order, it wavered and failed under the oppression of the Sith. Saying that we hold the reigns of power or even demand them is a preposterous statement, considering the circumstances. Us three Jedi Masters have always followed the traditional ways of the Jedi, and we certainly are not deviating from this path now. We have bent the rules at times, but only in times of dire need, and even then, we have never done anything that compromised ethics or morality, whether they be of the Republic or of the Jedi Order.”

The Jedi sat down once more, and watched the reaction of the people once more. It seemed that all that had been said by both Jedi and mystery man was a lot to take in for the Senators. Considering all that had been stated would cause a time of debate amongst those present.

Last edited by Forgotten Jedi on Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Terand
Administrator
Administrator
Terand

Male Number of posts : 454
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten   FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 11:36 pm

Terand had made it to Coruscant just in time to hear about a meeting formed with a new Senate to elect a new chancellor. Wanting to have an ear inside the meeting without actually being there, Terand paid a visit to an old friend, Chris. Chris was skilled at slicing into security systems and projecting back the feeds he desired. The man had sliced into the Senatorial building so that Terand could watch and listen to what was being done and said. The signal used to hack in was relayed through several places on Coruscant. Anyone that had managed to catch on to the hack would find it hard to trace back to the proper origin because of the replays and the several dummy computers set up to look like multiple hacks. Terand had no desire to intervene with the new Jedi Council's plan. He was only curious to know what was going on.

The following message from the mysterious figure that called himself the Dark Knight made the event more interesting. It was obvious the man was trying to discredit the Jedi Order in the public eye, but for what reason? This made Terand curious of the matter. Maybe a private investigation would be called for if the Jedi did nothing on the matter. What truly captured his attention was the talk of the vote and the Jedi Master's rebuttal about those that opposed the current council. Though no names were mentioned, Terand knew he was indirectly referenced. What made things strange was how the Council already knew about his thoughts and opinion on the matter. He had no contact with any of them personally so it seemed impossible that they knew anything on the subject. Whatever way they found out about his disagreement with their decisions, it seemed like the Jedi was trying to slander Ashaiya's and his image with lies for their choice of action. This was something Terand wasn't going to allow to continue if he could help it.

"Tap in so I can send an audio only message."

Chris merely nodded and went to work. Terand worked out in his mind what he would say. He knew whatever he said to the whole Senate would become a political matter. It was a delicate issue that he would have to be careful with. Chris gave him a thumb up to let Terand know he had tapped in to the frequency of the Senatorial Chamber.

"Fellow Senators, I applaud you for your courage to take up the mantle left by your predecessors given the events that have occurred. Brave people such as yourselves are what your people need most in these struggling times. I trust all of you will think on the best course of action to take, given the things said just now. My message to you however is not to sway your choice on the matter, but to clear up some of the things said about my fellow Jedi by the Jedi Master here.

"During my time as a Jedi I have followed the Jedi Code. There were times when going against the code would prove the best thing at the time but I have managed to stick to it none the less. The things we Jedi do should be done for duty and the greater good of the people, not for personal gratification. I will admit the things I myself have done were not that significant compared to others but I still did not seek praise or recognition for my actions. Doing such would only be seen as bragging and Jedi shouldn't brag about the things they have accomplished. Our goal should be to serve the people, not take recognition for our work.

"I hold no ill will against those that were selected to the new Council. The Jedi that were present to vote made their choices based on who they felt best to lead them, just as all of you will if you find the need for a Supreme Chancellor to be the best decision for your people at this current time. However there are other things that I have received word of that I feel I cannot condone. The slandering against my fellow Jedi by Master Leingod has further reinforced my decision to submit my resignation from the Jedi Order. This doesn't mean I will stop helping the people in need for I will assist them in any way I can. I pray you all the best of luck in the times ahead and may the Force be with you all."

Terand lowered the mic as he looked over at Chris. Chris took this as a sign to cut the transmission and did just that. Terand figured the Jedi Master would make a reply to his speech and possibly turn it against him, but he didn't want to make this a debate. He told no lies or twisted truths. He hadn't tried taking claim for the things he had done nor had he tried taking claim to things he hadn't done. For now Terand would only sit back and continue watching the meeting as it unfolded. Perhaps now the Jedi Master would be more careful of things he spoke of that he didn't know about personally.
Back to top Go down
Redack

Redack

Male Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten   FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 3:50 am

((Just to throw in my opinion of how the public would react:

Star Wars has shown that the people actually don't care much for the Jedi at all... Sidious was easily able to fool what looked to be 95% of the senate into thinking the Jedi had rebelled when it was in fact he who, the Galaxy turned against the Jedi... That's evidence from the films, now lets look at books... In the vast majority of books I've read its become very clear to me that the public are often willing to turn against the Jedi when the smallest bit of mistrust is placed against them... Plus I don't see why one played character Jedi is allowed to decide how the republic reacts...))
Back to top Go down
Zanic Scorchi

Zanic Scorchi

PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten   FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 9:25 am

Zanic watched and listened. He was surprised when Terand appeared on the holo screen. It appeared he was no longer in the jedi order. He wondered what would become of Janella, his apprentice. Ashaiya would probably join him. True, the jedi ways are a little off, but they follow the expectations none the less.

Zanic bowed to Jedi master Trevor. "I thank you for allowing me to be here, but I must go. Dawn needs to be trained still, and since I am her master, I guess I am the one to do it." He looked at Dawn.

He beckoned to Dawn before he walked out of the senate chambers and back to his new X-Wing givin by Vegito.
Back to top Go down
Mark Kenobi

Mark Kenobi

Number of posts : 302

PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten   FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 9:51 am

Redack wrote:

Star Wars has shown that the people actually don't care much for the Jedi at all... Sidious was easily able to fool what looked to be 95% of the senate into thinking the Jedi had rebelled when it was in fact he who, the Galaxy turned against the Jedi... That's evidence from the films, now lets look at books... In the vast majority of books I've read its become very clear to me that the public are often willing to turn against the Jedi when the smallest bit of mistrust is placed against them... Plus I don't see why one played character Jedi is allowed to decide how the republic reacts...))

(You make some interesting and true points, but most of the time the doubts were cast with considerable care and precision, while Slayer here has already outright lied about what Wind proposed in front a lot of people, speaking exactly contrary to Wind stated just moments before.

While it might unrealistic for one Jedi to overcome all the obstacles you noted, I would see the odds are in Wind's favor - he has told the truth about he said (and the people cannot really deny it). He is also the thread maker, which to some degree allows him to have special control over it.

After all, I don't see the difference between the Sith invading Coruscant while no one is there and presuming to conquer it with no real resistance and a Jedi Master merely proposing the election of a new Supreme Chancellor and succeeding to convince the people. It's basically the same controlling concept for NPCs.

To be honest, Slayer is coming with allegations out of nowhere. Wind simply proposes to elect a new Chancellor, and Slayer suddenly begins slandering and lying against the Jedi Order? The people always want a Chancellor, why would they not elect one because some random person casts very questionable doubt on the person who proposed the election? Let's get real here.)
Back to top Go down
Trever Leingod

Trever Leingod

PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten   FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 6:09 pm

Wind was quite curious to this new person’s input, for this new guest had made a fatal flaw – for the Jedi Master had made no true accusations, for he had added no names in his last bit of input. He got back up to the podium once more. He ordered the ten clone engineers to ensure any further slicing interruptions and modifications were avoided in case there were any further attempts to disrupt the meeting.

“Greetings, newcomer. I assume you are one of the Jedi that the mystery figure brought up. You probably believe that I have made slanders against you and some other fellow Jedi, but if so, you misunderstood me. Know that the Jedi Council will not speak of a matter without significant evidence, nor will I speak of any such matter on a global broadcast. Based on what I said, and that you actually made a reply to this, I can logically state that there is indeed a matter to be discussed. Some Jedi have been reported to be performing acts that violated a part of Jedi law that was re-enforced by the last Jedi Council. This is a specific matter for the Jedi, however which is why I made mention of no names or charges. If you wish to clarify your situation, assuming such evidence is indeed circumstantial or entirely false, the Jedi Council is open to your input, and you are welcome back into our fold if you are willing. Even if you do not wish to return to the order, you can at least rectify the evidence to prevent any possible future slander.

“However, if you noticed, I made no accusations on any present or former Jedi, other than the fact they supposedly, under pretenses as noted by our mysterious guest, opposed the election of the current Council, or as according to some reports, having made slight infractions against Jedi law. I am not even sure who the reports are about, just that some Jedi have been reported performing unethical acts. I am not sure of any names or even if the accusations are true. In fact, I did not even bring up this subject. However, from what I have heard from this shadowed man and the other Jedi, I can only make speculations on you or any other that fell under this category. Any seeming accusation is based on the opinion of the receiver. I made no attempt to brag, as it is not the Jedi way, even though it may have seemed so. The statement was in fact only a defensive means to counter the claim that the current Jedi Council was voted in by illicit means, and that the Jedi Masters on it have done nothing of consequence to gain these positions.

“To say that the Jedi Council vote was rigged is an outright slander. As stated before, the Jedi present at the meeting were the majority of all known surviving Jedi, who were invited personally by the former Emperor of the Wayland Empire to form an alliance for the greater good of the galaxy. I myself have met some of these Jedi before, true, but I have had so little contact with them that there is no standard by which my election could have been biased. The Jedi who were present at the vote were not aware of the impending election until they arrived.

“As I said before, this mystery figure who brought you these allegations makes it sound as though these two Jedi - who have done fairly little for the Order or the people according to public knowledge, while he is seemingly claiming that they have done a great deal for it - had great positions of power within the Jedi Order but were usurped by the present council, whom he accuses to have never done anything for the people. Once more, his allegations may have some ground on the fact these two Jedi may have not supported the new Council's election or their decisions, but there is no collaborating evidence that has shown we have done anything unethical.

“The two Jedi that were not present at the meeting were not forcibly withheld, or purposely excluded. As said before, one of these Jedi walked out of the meeting before the vote was cast because this Jedi did not agree with the terms that Jacen had brought up, even though they were not immoral. The suggestion of voting had been cast by now Jedi Master Roy before this said Jedi left. It is reasonable to assume that the reason that neither two missing Jedi received a vote was because no Jedi present had deemed either of those other two capable of holding a Council seat, because of they were not experienced enough or did not have enough positive influence over the others to lead the Order. This is in no way slandering the two said Jedi – it is also reasonable to assume by no fault of their own that the other present Jedi were not aware of their capabilities.

“The Jedi Master who had called for this Council vote did not even know any of the three Jedi Masters beside himself who were to be elected. The Jedi Master who requested the election did so as a means to establish organization in the Jedi Order. Jacen of the Wayland Empire and any of the others who participated in this meeting can be called as direct witnesses to collaborate my story. I had hoped to avoid needing to defend the valid and licit nature of the Jedi Council, because as it was done, though being rushed by necessity under the circumstances. The validity of election of other councils has never been questioned, and it should not be now. However, if the government is to trust us once more as their advisors and protectors of the peace, it is necessary that we put these slanders to rest, unless the people do not find it necessary.

"But I do feel it is unneccesary for the Jedi Council to put on trial for two simple reasons - for holding a Jedi Council election in neccesary haste, and for proposing to re-establish the Galactic Republic and fill the seat of Supreme Chancellor by the appropriate and traditional means. If anyone feels it necessary, please answer the following questions: How have our recent decisions harmed the wellbeing of the people in anyway, or come close to crossing any ethical standards? What exactly are we being accused of other than following established tradition?"

"The Force be with you in your decisions, dear people. Please make your decisions now.”

Wind remained at the podium, as it seemed as though there wouldn’t be much point in sitting down if he had to be continually refuting ridiculous allegations that were easily put to rest by factual evidence. Wind bid farewell to his fellow Jedi Knight Zanic Scorchi as he made his departure.

(I will be making the final reply and decision soon to everyone - please make any additional replies before I do, or the post will be closed.)

Last edited by Forgotten Jedi on Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Addition: (I will be making the final reply and decision soon to everyone - please make any additional replies before I do, or the post will be closed.))
Back to top Go down
Redack

Redack

PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten   FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 8:46 am

Mark Kenobi wrote:
Redack wrote:

(You make some interesting and true points, but most of the time the doubts were cast with considerable care and precision, while Slayer here has already outright lied about what Wind proposed in front a lot of people, speaking exactly contrary to Wind stated just moments before.

While it might unrealistic for one Jedi to overcome all the obstacles you noted, I would see the odds are in Wind's favor - he has told the truth about he said (and the people cannot really deny it). He is also the thread maker, which to some degree allows him to have special control over it.

After all, I don't see the difference between the Sith invading Coruscant while no one is there and presuming to conquer it with no real resistance and a Jedi Master merely proposing the election of a new Supreme Chancellor and succeeding to convince the people. It's basically the same controlling concept for NPCs.

To be honest, Slayer is coming with allegations out of nowhere. Wind simply proposes to elect a new Chancellor, and Slayer suddenly begins slandering and lying against the Jedi Order? The people always want a Chancellor, why would they not elect one because some random person casts very questionable doubt on the person who proposed the election? Let's get real here.)

((Don't get me wrong, I want the election to happen and for a new supreme chancellor to be elected... I don't agree that the people would necessarily WANT to vote for a Supreme Chancellor when they have a "perfectly good" government currently governing them {and letting them go about their normal lives just as the republic would}... Also using the Sith invasion of Coruscant wasn't a good example (because they pretty much killed off the Republic so the people had little choice but to obey them at the time), but I get your point and I suppose I agree with it- I just never looked at it that way in the first place ^_^ Anyway enough ooc from me...))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten   FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 1:00 pm

((LIke I said, I'm not going to argue about what you decide to do. I do want to clarify one of the points that I brought up before, however, as it appears it wasn't as clear as I thought it was. Slayer told no lies that could be completely disproven by the factual evidence--the only facts you would be able to base that on are what Wind himself said before, which are never a good proof of anything if you're being accused of being dishonest. What Slayer was trying to do was push enough doubt into the populace's mind to make things difficult for the Jedi--Redack said it right when he noted that it's not hard to make people turn on the Jedi.

That being said, this is my last comment on this issue unless it's absolutely necessary.))
Back to top Go down
clint

clint

Number of posts : 37

PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten   FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 2:52 pm

(Gonna be short, because I don't feel like replicating my previous post)

Wind, standing atop the podium overlooking the mass crowd of Senates, would hear the explosion, as would his peers. It would erupt through their ears just as Diabolus intended it to do. Nature was about to take it's course on Coruscant, and it was only a matter of time before the Jedi fled back to their crevices, beseeching the darkness not to take them away. A pity, really, that they once again plagued this poor planet.

The explosion would shake the very foundations of the building, sending the Senates and presumably all whom rested in it to terrible, worried fits. With the end of the explosion still ringing through each occupants ears, and now that the new smell of smoldering cement and flesh drifted amongst the room like an uninvited guest, Diabolus made his entrance.

Opening one of the few unoccupied Senate's bridges, he strutted out, draped in black and crimson, his intimidating figure cleared way to the speaking podium. Clearing his voice so to grab everyone's attention, he used the rooms loud speaker, which each Senator had at their respected bridge, to announce what he was up to.

"Good evening, Ladies and Gentlemen. I am sure you all have more than a few pressing questions that need answered today. That's all well and good but I'm afraid I haven't the knowledge to answer more than a few. I am but a simple traveler of the universe, mostly unknown to the inhabitants of this dear planet. You see, I have come here to enforce a few rules that Coruscant has needed for oh so long! Why listen to me you ask? Well, from what I just saw happen ...hmm... an entire bank and roughly 4,000 men, women, and children were just blown to little tinie tiny bits. Not by me, no, of course I haven't the heart for something like that! But it did happen, and now I'm afraid not only did the population drop considerably, but you are short a bank..... Yeah, sorry about that everyone!

With that he doubled over in his stance, removing the hood that concealed his putrid face and rotating his neck to the right, making direct eye contact with Jedi Master Wind. He knew only a few souls in the entire galaxy could know who he was at this point, but either way he used the force to suppress some of his power, if only to look like a simple Sith pawn. Wind would no none the better to that point. But still, he stared at the man's face, cackling a bit at the oddly placed band around the eyes of the Jedi. He continued his speech on from there...

"I'm sure you want answers, Ladies and Gentlemen, but I can't give them! I can only give you one thing, and that's, well let's call it food for thought. The Jedi have started to rebuild on this planet, and they have started to reinhabit it. My friends and I, we have a problem with this... and in the past Coruscant hasn't fared too well when the Jedi are under attack by my Order. Please keep that in mind at this most fearful of times. Remember how the Jedi couldn't protect you in the past, and ask yourself, have they ever really done anything in your favor? Well, while you contemplate that I will leave you with these terms...

The Jedi can either leave here and stop the rebuilding of the temple, or more people will die... every week... until they cease to exist here. If they refuse I implore you... no I beg you... to take action against them yourselves. My friend's are pretty good with promises."

Breaking the contact with Wind he looked over to a particularly fat human Senator, probably in his late forties. He smiled, inviting the man to make eye contact with him, and then once again spoke up.

"You there, do you have children?"

"Ye... Yes... I have a son."

"And what if, because the Jedi didn't leave this planet, next week someone decides to blow up school while your boy, your innocent, darling son is studying? What would happen then?"

He didn't leave time for the Senator to rebuttal, as he figured he had left a big enough splash amongst this council. Instead he again gazed back up at Wind, not missing a beat in his movement.

"I once again beg you Senators, consider your options..."
Back to top Go down
Rose Maythorn

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten   FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 5:59 pm

Pausing to listen to a bit of the conversation, Dawn followed her Master.

Explosion?

Shaking her head in denial, Dawn followed Zanic, catching up to him quickly.

(( Left post ))
Back to top Go down
Trever Leingod

Trever Leingod

PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten   FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 7:39 pm

“More interruptions. It seems the Darkside will never take a moment’s rest.”

Wind turned his head over to the newcomer, apparently Sith, who made a flashy and sympathetic introduction. The man was pretending to play innocent to get to the people, but Wind was not fooled. This was more than one way to play this game.

“Indeed, the Jedi’s presence here has caused attention to be brought Coruscant. But, let us look over the situation properly, shall we?”

Wind removed his blindfold and used the podium controls to activate its floating technology and went amidst the Senators.

“Senator,” began Wind, looking to the man that the Sith had just addressed, “tell me, where were the Jedi and what did they do when the Sith took over the planet through sheer force?”

The man shifted his position, but then gave his reply in disappointment of what he had to say:

“The Jedi were nowhere to be found. They did nothing when the Sith came and mutilated our people.”

Wind looked around the Senate Chamber, his eyes crossing many of the senators, and even the eyes of the mysterious Sith.

“‘The Jedi were nowhere to be found.’ Yet the Sith did, nonetheless, ‘mutilate our people.’ Dear Senators, this Sith here, who comes here demanding that we cease building the new Jedi temple, and that you oust us Jedi from Coruscant. But here, one of your fellow Senators, has admitted to the fact that the Jedi were nowhere to be found when the Sith Lords conquered Coruscant. Therefore, on what ground does this man-” Wind pointed to Diabolus, “-say that the presence of the Jedi on Coruscant causes its people harm? The Jedi were gone from sight and the Sith still came and took over your planet - your Republic!

“If the Jedi are exiled by command of the Republic, our advanced army goes with us, along with any safeguard from hostile forces, especially the Sith. And I guarantee, the Sith will not stop terrorizing the people if we leave. What is to stop the Sith from conquering the Republic again? You were just freed from their oppression – do you want to be conquered again, when you just reclaimed your freedom? And because of your own actions, nonetheless?

Dear friends, every time the Jedi are forced to leave the Republic to fend for itself, anarchy or tyranny always follow. When Emperor Palpatine and Darth Vader eliminated the Jedi Order through Order 66, how long did it take before the people were being terrorized? Not long at all. Less than two years. Who freed the people from the oppression of Palpatine’s reign? Luke Skywalker, the very last Jedi alive in that time. When the Jedi came back, things got much better for the people. Not perfect, mind you, but much better.

“Then, dear Senators, is it not true that the Sith can oppress the people not because of the presence of the Jedi, but because of the lack of it? It is indeed true that not even all the Jedi and clones present on this planet can stop every single terrorist attack, but we will do our best and die trying. But if we leave… who will stop the terrorists? Though you may blame us Jedi for failing to stop the Sith when they conquered you, for indeed you have every right to, will you throw us out now, when we finally came back to save you? Is it true that the Sith claim the Jedi have the same intention that they do, just in different ways, while in fact our intentions have never been the same, nor the means. Do the Sith not remove the Jedi from their path to ensure that they wholly and entirely own you and your planets? Will you fall once more under the iron hand of the Sith, or will you resist evil to its face? The decision of whether the Jedi stay or leave is yours, friends, but remember which side of the Force has helped and which side has usurped you. One way or another, there will be consequences to your decision – decide now which you would rather live with.”

Wind stood there silently in the flying podium as the Senators began murmuring amongst themselves, making up their minds.

It was true that the Jedi had done nothing to stop the Sith, but every time that some mysterious shadowed figure came to cast doubt on the intent or presence of the Jedi Order, the Senators noted that Wind always refuted the newcomer’s logic by words that both made sense and appealed to them. While they did not entirely trust the Jedi for their lack of initiative, they could not deny the fact the Sith had attacked them with no Jedi around, and the man who demanded the ousting of the Jedi Order from Coruscant to ensure the people’s safety was a Sith himself.

How they could trust a Jedi who had failed to save them from the Sith, but more importantly, how could they trust one of the very kind that conquered and oppressed them in the first place? There were indeed times when the Jedi failed, but there were also times when the Jedi succeeded. The Jedi had never openly or directly harmed the people – the Sith had. When it came down to weighing which side the people favored more, the Jedi had an obvious advantage.

And thus the people began siding with the Jedi, as they awaited the counter comments of the new Sith Lord.
Back to top Go down
clint

clint

Number of posts : 37

PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten   FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 8:11 pm

(This whole thing, as Lancer said, is relatively pointless. No one can really control how NPCs act thus they aren't siding with anyone. But I will continue on for a bit if I may...)

"A fine argument, Master Jedi... or so I safely presume? The one thing that you forget in your truly..."

He snickered fiendishly and relaxed himself back into a controlled state of mind, or as controlled as he could muster.

"Your truly heart felt speech.... The one thing you forget is that the choice is not the people's to make at this point on who stays safe, but your own. Please, confide to them the great alliance you made with Redack's armada, or perhaps you don't want to detail that! Maybe because you personally insulted and angered the Wayland Empire. Maybe because the reason you take refuge, and make no mistake about it, you are taking refuge, is that you are scared of the possibility of an unstoppable force. Perhaps maybe I should spell out for these fine citizens what you are doing.

You see, Ladies and Gentlemen, these Jedi whom are so good and caring, have placed a very, very elaborate target right atop each and every head in their pitiful Order. And as you all know, where there is a Jedi temple, there must be Jedi. Being the only establishment left after he finishes your armies, where do you think Redack's subordinate and the entire Wayland Empire will come? Oh, right back to Coruscant, the very planet they destroyed so easily just a few years ago. Seems odd to me that the Jedi would do something like that... maybe that bombing of the bank was just your wake up call... So I say wake up, Ladies and Gentlemen, wake up."
Back to top Go down
Redack

Redack

PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten   FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 11:12 am

((Character: Redack (Insane) ))

"And so your salvation comes great people of the Republic." A voice said from one of the senators. It was, of course, Redack D'Zor. The man famously known as the Emperor of the Wayland Empire, even though that had been taken away from him by Jacen Valor. He was wearing just your average senatorial clothing, nothing too special for the occasion but it was a notable difference from what he usual wore. "Grand idiots of the Republic, I come to you with words of wisdom... Are you right to mistrust the Sith. Of course not, you have never given them the chance to do anything good for you. They care not about your deaths or punishment, they care only for the destruction of their enemy which is naturally the Jedi..."

Redack waited for two men to follow in behind him, both visually identical to Redack himself. Both were clones he'd awoken and brainwashed using the very same nanites he'd used to take over Auron Tribal's mind years ago. Both of the two additional Redack's were carrying bags filled with something, although it was impossible to see what was inside a Jedi or Sith would be able to sense life from within the bag. About twenty small lifeforms to be exact. "And so I bring to you some orbs." He pulled a crystal orb out of one of the two bags his fellow clones were carrying, inside was clearly visible some form of black entity. "With these orbs you, the senators of this Republic, will be able to see the future. You will be able to predict what the Jedi are going to do before they can even think of it themselves... And I offer you these gifts for free."

Redack raised his left hand a clicked his fingers, a several hovering droids came over to him and took two orbs each. The two Redack clones handed out the orbs to the droids and the droids began taking the orbits to various senators in the room. Who, being curious and clearly wondering if Redack's words were true, would take the orbs and hold them in an attempt to gain the false power they possessed... Presumably anyway... Redack of course had two additional much smaller ones made of glass in his clothings pockets, but those weren't to give out. Those were for something else. What say you to that, Jedi?"

Last edited by Redack on Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Seperating to make it easier to read...)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten   FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FOR ALL TO READ: Holonet cast from Coruscant - The People Are Not Forgotten
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next