Jedi Sith Restoration Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jedi Sith Restoration Project

Jedi Sith shall NEVER die!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Finding Wind

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Zanic Scorchi

Zanic Scorchi

Male Number of posts : 1068
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Finding Wind Empty
PostSubject: Finding Wind   Finding Wind Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 10:11 pm

((Character in play: Zanic Scorchi))

Zanic walked along the streets of Coruscant. He had just finished his training with his master Vegito and he was now a Jedi Knight. After the trial was over, Vegito and Richter had told him to find a Jedi by the name of Wind. Wind would teach him a new lesson that Vegito could not teach him. Wind was a strange name, but it was not of him to judge people. After Zanic had a spar with Wind, Zanic would try to take on an apprentice of his own. He was eager to train someone in the ways of the force. Zanic closed his eyes and put his hands up to his temples and he opened his mind to the force. He didn't sense anything so far. This could take forever.

"Pull yourself together Zanic." Zanic said aloud to himself. "You'll never find Wind with that attitude."

Zanic began wondering what the lesson would be. Anything that could teach him knowledge about being a jedi, was worth searching for. He jumped up onto the side of a building, and jumped up on the top of another. He opened his mind yet again. He felt something, small it was, it was a flicker of the force.
Back to top Go down

Finding Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Wind   Finding Wind Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 5:42 am

Dawn walked away from the street she had last seen the strange man on and saw a small figure on top of a building. DAwn decided that to get up there you would have to be an amazing rock-climber...

Or a Jedi on their own...

Dawn swiftly ran to the building and rushed up it's side, using the speed she'd had since birth to help her. Coming to the top, she realized she was behind the figure. And this figure did have lightsabers...

Uh oh, did I just sneak up on a Jedi Knight?
Back to top Go down
Zanic Scorchi

Zanic Scorchi

Finding Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Wind   Finding Wind Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 8:41 am

The flicker of the force grew bigger and he heard footsteps behind him.

"Hello Dawn." Zanic said. He could tell who it was by the force. Zanic stood up and faced her. "If don't know already, I am a Jedi Knight. Now if you don't mind, I need to find a Jedi by the name of Wind."
Back to top Go down

Finding Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Wind   Finding Wind Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 2:10 pm

Dawn's brow creased.

"And how do you know my name? And Wind... Wind... I think I know someone who met him," Dawn said.
Back to top Go down
Zanic Scorchi

Zanic Scorchi

Finding Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Wind   Finding Wind Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 2:47 pm

"I told you Dawn. I'm stronger now in the force. You know someone who's met Wind?" Zanic asked interested.
Back to top Go down
Trever Leingod

Trever Leingod

Male Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Finding Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Wind   Finding Wind Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 9:30 pm

The Jedi Knight had finished his encounter with Vegito, Richter, Himiko and Ukushi not too long before. Since then, he had wandered the streets on Coruscant, trying to stop evil deeds and do a good turn wherever he could. He was walking along and felt a familiar presence... Zanic. He had once been in the Temple when Vegito was training this same young man. Wind did not feel Vegito around, and Zanic's Force presence seemed much stronger than before, so he assumed Zanic had become a Jedi Knight since then. Someone else was with him too, but he wasn't familiar with who the aura belonged to.

Wind had nothing better to do at the moment, so he decided he would approach Zanic and his companion, and made haste to their location. Although he was usually cloaked from other Force users with Force Mask, he dropped his guard to allow Zanic and Dawn to feel his presence before he arrived.

He turned a corner and found the two companions.

"Hello there. Zanic, Vegito's apprentice, right? And your friend here. How are you both today?" He said with a friendly smile.

The Jedi Knight would probably come off as unusual. Despite the fact he was dressed in typical Jedi clothes and a long jacket (kind of like Riku's), he was also wearing a blindfold. Wind used this to block out his organic eyes, which were flawed and untrustworthy compared to the eyes of the Force. With the eyes of the Force, he felt everything around him. Through this honing and training of his senses, Wind's ability in sight, detection and pre-cognition had recently skyrocketed compared to his capabilities prior to this training.
Back to top Go down

Finding Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Wind   Finding Wind Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 9:53 pm

Silently stepping around a corner of a street, the Jedi Knight was taken by slight surprise at the presence of so many in the area. One she recognized...Dawn, a young although somewhat bold girl who was trained somewhat at the same time she was being trained by Terand. The other two however she didn't, but could only sense the lightside radiating off them. Closing in on it like a moth to a flame, except without the possible burning at the end. Though she knew with so many force signatures so close together it may draw attention. However not many would be daring enough to challenge three Jedi, and a somewhat trained. 'So I've finally found more Jedi...'.

Entering an ally and leaping up until eventually on a small building she looked out and spotted the three she was looking for. Wearing clothing that would make it painfully obvious she was a Jedi, it was of course the Jedi Robes. Her robes being rather loose and a dark brown colour. Though the outer robe that contained the hood was black. She found it easier to move if she didn't stick out any more than she already did. On the right of her waist a silver phrik lightsaber hilt.

Eventually with the assistance of the Force she made it to where the three were. Greeting them with a simple:

"I didn't expect to find one Jedi, let alone two."
Back to top Go down
Zanic Scorchi

Zanic Scorchi

Finding Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Wind   Finding Wind Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 10:41 pm

Zanic felt a force presence coming closer. Zanic turned to find a Jedi wearing a blindfold and a jacket, but he was wearing jedi robes to Zanic's relief. He said Zanic and his former's master name.

"Greetings. Wind right? I am no longer apprentice to Jedi Vegito. I am a Jedi Knight now. Vegito told me to come and find you Wind. He said you would teach me a lesson he could not. I have come to offer a spar to you so that we may teach me any knowledge you have to teach me." Zanic said knowing this must be the jedi Wind.

Zanic felt another force flicker. He turned once again to see yet another person walking up in jedi robes. She said her sentence.

"Aye. We are Jedi. I assume you are a Jedi as well." Zanic said shocked to find so many Jedi around.
Back to top Go down

Finding Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Wind   Finding Wind Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 6:42 am

"Hello, Wind," Dawn said, then felt a flicker in the back of her mind.

The Force? But only Jedi Knights are strong enough to stir the Force in me!

Turning, Dawn's eyes widened. Her mouth opened in a smile.

"Ashaiya! Are you a Jedi Knight now?" Dawn asked. True, they certainly hadn't gotten off on the right foot, but Dawn didn't hold this against her.
Back to top Go down

Finding Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Wind   Finding Wind Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 9:30 am

((I'm gonna' go out of turn since I won't be on until another three hours or so.))

"Indeed I am, and I too am surprised. I came to this planet in search of more Jedi, however I didn't expect such a quick success. Though I greet you both."

Impling that the greeting was sent out to the two Jedi here, though she didn't mean to disrespect Dawn in any way as not greeting her. It's just that she'd save it since Dawn also made a comment, in which she would respond to. Turning to Dawn at this point she brushed some of her hair from her face, the Kiffar Jedi Knight then smiled at Dawn. They didn't start off the greatest however she was certainly willing to try and befriend her once more.

"An' hello Dawn. Yes I am, Terand knighted me on Tython after a long trial involving a lot of necessary use of everything he taught me. But how have you been Dawn? You left in a hurry last I saw you."
Back to top Go down
Trever Leingod

Trever Leingod

Finding Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Wind   Finding Wind Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 9:32 am

"I am indeed the one known as Wind, Zanic. I remember you when I met with your master in the temple so months ago. Now you are a Jedi Knight - I thought your Force aura had become stronger. But you still have things to learn, to be sure, being so young a Jedi Knight."

Wind thought for a moment as Zanic told him about Vegito's request to search out the mysterious Jedi Knight. Why would Vegito suggest this? Wind was slightly more experienced in battle and in the Force, for he had definitely been very successful in his ventures against Sith and Dark Lords in the past. But Vegito himself was a wise and powerful Jedi Knight. What skills did Wind have that Vegito didn't? The Jedi Knight thought it over for a minute, and then came the only conclusion he could come up with for the time being.

"Well, to be honest Zanic, I am not sure what I can teach you what Vegito could not. Vegito is somewhat less experienced in the Force and in battle than me, but not so much as to be less efficient in teaching a Padawan. I have more knowledge than Vegito in the Force, but not by that much. I must admit, I've never even had a Padawan myself. I have used my time honing my own skills, even beyond what my Master taught me. To teach you all the skills my Master taught me and the skills I've learned on my own would take much more than a simple spar with you. But I suppose I will do what I can to teach you here."

The Jedi Knight looked to the young woman named Dawn. "Nice to meet you. Dawn is it?"

Wind felt another presence, and this woman made herself known to the three already present. Dawn called her by the name "Ashaiya." The Jedi Mystic had never met her before or learned much about her, but he had heard the name somewhere.

"Ah, another fellow Jedi. It seems this spot has become an axis for Jedi suddenly," he said with a smile, facing the newcomer. The Jedi Knight turned back to Zanic and would accept his proposition for a spar.

"I know I cannot teach you much right now Zanic, but perhaps I can give you a few tips for battle and other skills you can attain on your own." Wind thought for a moment on what knowledge he could lend the young Jedi Knight, then remembering the clothe over his eyes, had a great lesson to teach. "You see my blindfold? I can see with it because of the Force. Organic eyes are often unreliable, for they can be blinded all too easily - but the eyes of the Force are flawless. I have been training my senses and sight in the Force while wearing this blindfold. My skills in detection and cloaking have greatly increased over the past few months. If you were to undergo similar training, it would hone your own skills in this particular area of the Force skill." The Jedi Knight took a strand of clothe from his pocket and offered it to Zanic. "If you want, you can start right now. Now is as good a time as ever."

If Zanic declined the offer, the Jedi Knight would return the spare blindfold to his pocket, but would otherwise let the newly-named Jedi Knight have it. Wind drew a saber from his belt and ignited it, setting it to stun. He held the blue blade in a Niman stance.

"So, tell me, what forms do you know? What is your style preference? Perhaps I can help you with your saber skills here, and maybe a few pointers with Force powers as well. You will need a balanced mix of Force and saber skills to defeat Sith enemies. Sometimes learning martial arts, especially highly efficient ones like Teras Kasi, will give you an edge in battle. There are those so skilled in martial arts that they can dodge lightsabers, guns and even Force powers. You can learn some martial arts from Vegito, but you can also go to other worlds to be taught by the masters of these arts."

Wind would wait for Zanic's reply, and then would beckon the Jedi Knight to draw his own weapon with a waving gesture of his free hand.

"Alright, show me what you can do."
Back to top Go down
Zanic Scorchi

Zanic Scorchi

Finding Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Wind   Finding Wind Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 9:48 am

Zanic took the blindfold from Wind's hand. He tied it on his head covering his eyes. He activated his two green lightsabers.

"Zanic yelled over his shoulder, "You two can either take your conversation somewhere else, or watch."

Zanic, now being blind relied on the force to guide him where Wind was. Zanic ran at Wind. He forced his left hand(For that is my dominant hand) lightsaber into a stab at Wind's right kidney and then sent a slash attack going up from where he thought Wind's stomach was to his chest.
Back to top Go down
Trever Leingod

Trever Leingod

Finding Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Wind   Finding Wind Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 10:31 am

The Jedi Knight was glad that Zanic had accepted the blindfold. It was obvious this Jedi Knight was eager and willing to learn more about the Force. Always a good sign

Wind readied himself as Zanic charged him, both of them now having to use the Force to see. As the Jedi's left hand saber went for Wind's right kidney, the Jedi Mystic swirled his lightsaber sideways in his right hand in front of himself, and brought his left hand to grip the hilt as well, the blue blade then going down under the green saber and moved leftward forcefully. This motion would redirect Zanic's left hand stab safely off to Wind's far left side. (If I understand right, you used the same hand in two consecutives attacks rather than attacking simultaneously with both hands) As Zanic's saber changed direction and went for Wind's stomach from below, the Jedi Knight reversed his last motion with his lightsaber, pushing the green blade to his far right.

"Soresu, Form III - the best defense is the best offense." Wind told Zanic.

Having left his right hand out of the way, Zanic left his guard somewhat open. Wind used this opportunity to move perpendicularly to his left, still facing towards Zanic, and keeping his blue blade locked on the green one. Once he completed this movement, he would slide his blade along the bottom of Zanic's left blade, going for his opponent's wrist. Wind would follow up by bringing his lightsaber quickly around to his left and up, and then downward at Zanic's left shoulder.

The Jedi Mystic kept his mind open to be able to predetermine any of Zanic's counterattacks, and would utilize Soresu by spinning his lightsaber vertically clockwise in front of himself in a defensive motion, using enough force to clash both of Zanic's blades into each other if need be to keep them at bay.
Back to top Go down
Zanic Scorchi

Zanic Scorchi

Finding Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Wind   Finding Wind Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 10:39 am

Zanic used his right lightsaber vertically to push Wind's lightsaber away from his wrist. Zanic heard a lightsaber coming down on his shoulder. Zanic used his left lightsaber held above him horizontally to block the attack. Zanic heard his lightsabers being clashed together. Wind must have been spinning his lightsaber. Zanic jumped back quickly and took the offense yet again. Zanic ran in yet again slashing at Wind's left shoulder with his right downward. He used his left lightsaber to slash horizontally across Wind's chest. He then spun his right lightsaber in front of him for defense.
Back to top Go down

Finding Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Wind   Finding Wind Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 11:35 am

Completely ignoring the fight in the background, Dawn replied, "I had things to do with an ill friend. I hope you are well."

Dawn was slightly nervous since the battle that had taken place in her friend's home. She knew Ashaiya would sense it, but she was to worried to care.
Back to top Go down

Finding Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Wind   Finding Wind Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 1:44 pm

Taking a few steps away as the two began their rather random spar atop a building. Deciding to divide her attention between talking to Ashaiya and watching their spar, she grinned lightly as the older one of the two mentioned learning martial arts as a good way to increase skill. Something she agreed with, knowing a few martial arts herself. Teras Kasi included. Although she hadn't mastered the particular art, she was quite advanced in. Along with a few other martial arts she has come close to using efficiently. However moving her attention back to Dawn, she nodded. Feeling something odd about her when she mentioned her ill friend. A somewhat...dark aura about it. Though not exactly dark, just more of an angry aura.

She wasn't quite sure about it, but she didn't know enough about it to offer any counseling nor involve herself at this particular time. Maybe some time in the future, but not now. Though one thing she did conclude was that the younger one, was named Zanic. The older was apparently named Wind, which didn't exactly sound like name but more of an alias or nickname.

"Oh, I see. I trust your friend is recovering?"
Back to top Go down
Trever Leingod

Trever Leingod

Finding Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Wind   Finding Wind Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 5:49 pm

Wind was impressed with how well Zanic was doing with the blindfold, considering he had just begun using it. Zanic may have been unexperienced, but Wind felt that he was eager and able to reach great heights with enough training.

“Come on, Zanic, give me everything you have. You’re a Jedi Knight – you hold the weight of guarding the galaxy on your shoulders now.”

Wind readied himself as Zanic charged once more. As Zanic’s first slash came, Wind’s arm moved amazingly fast, his lightsaber twisting left into a horizontal position, going up to block Zanic’s green saber. In a less than a second, the blue saber went vertical and blurred over towards Zanic’s other blade, stopping the incoming saber in its tracks.

The Jedi Knight began his attack by stabbing in at Zanic’s spinning blade with his own lightsaber being in his right hand and holding it in place. At the same time, Wind stepped perpendicularly left once more and used the Force with his left hand to ice the ground on which Zanic stood in a 3 feet radius. The Jedi stepped forward, just barely staying out off of the iced ground, and kicked at the back of Zanic’s right knee with his left leg.

Wind would jump back after this attack, swirling his blade in front of himself. He would take an Ataru stance and leap suddenly into the air. His descent would be perfectly timed so that he could attack Zanic from above. As Wind passed over his opponent, he would stab down with his lightsaber at the back of Zanic’s neck. Right after this attack, Wind would use his left hand to Force Push down in Zanic’s direction, which would force the Jedi to his knees or cause him to slip on the ice if he did not evade or block it. At the same time, the kinetic energy of this power would boost Wind back up, whether Zanic managed to fend it off or not. The mysterious Jedi would utilize this boost to flip forward 360° and land some twenty feet from Zanic. He turned towards Zanic and took a Soresu stance.
Back to top Go down
Zanic Scorchi

Zanic Scorchi

Finding Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Wind   Finding Wind Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 6:07 pm

Zanic felt a chill of cold air. He felt the rooftop was incased in ice. Zanic heard a small grunt from Wind as he kicked at the back of Zanic's knee. Zanic turned around(slipping a bit) and kicked Wind's leg out of the way with his left foot. Zanic deactivated his right lightsaber and put it away for the moment and used force pull to bring down what he thought was a pole off the builing rooftop where they were fighting. He grabbed onto it with his free hand and pulled himself on top of it. Balancing himself, he used force push to push him and the pole at Wind. Zanic jumped off the pole onto solid ground while the pole went straight at Wind. Zanic activated his right lightsaber and spun it around above him to block the attack he heard from above. He quickly turned around and spun his left lightsaber blocking the attack to his neck. Zanic was pushed by force Push. Zanic used force pull on the pole while sliding backwards at a high speed. The pole came to him quickly and he forced it behind him. One side against the wall, while the other side Zanic was holding onto while in the air. He used the pole to launch himself at Wind spinning the lightsabers in front of him blocking any attack and being an attack itself.
Back to top Go down
Trever Leingod

Trever Leingod

Finding Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Wind   Finding Wind Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 8:39 pm

(Alright bud, the gloves are coming off! Very Happy )

As the fight went on and Zanic managed to hold Wind off, the Jedi Mystic was glad to see that Zanic was putting up a good fight. Wind was pulling off moves that could were not easy to avoid, but Zanic was pulling it off. He was outdoing the fight the Dark Lord had given Wind – the Jedi could say that much.

As Wind went leaping through the air at Zanic, the young Jedi threw a pole at him. The Jedi Mystic used the Force after Zanic released his hold on it, redirecting it to fly off to his left side. Wind’s overhead attack was foiled by Zanic’s saber spin, but the Jedi Knight did nothing to avoid the Force Push. Zanic managed to recover in the time Wind flipped over, landed and turned around. He used the pole he flung at Wind as a propeller, launching himself like a rocket with his sabers spinning in front, but the mysterious Jedi was ready.

(As I understand, your body should be launched at me at a totally or mostly horizontal angle).

Wind used the Force to see and slow down time, sensing everything in slow motion now. Waiting until the precise moment when Zanic was just in front of him and his spinning blades overlapped, Wind stabbed inward with his blue lightsaber, his right hand holding the hilt firmly. Due to the speed and power of the spinning blades, Wind’s lightsaber would have been knocked away. However, with the blades overlapping in their spins, Wind’s lightsaber would cease the swirling motion of both blades and keep his own firmly locked into the position he wanted it in. As this was happening, Wind fell carefully onto his back to avoid being bowled over with Zanic’s body. The Jedi Knight would hold his blade to remain fixed in its position, keeping both of Zanic’s blades locked with his. Still seeing all of this in slow motion, Wind planned to throw Zanic over him with a powerful mule kick. Moving his legs from 0° angle to a 135° angle, the soles of Wind’s combat boots would slam into his opponent’s chest, and thus would kick Zanic over the mysterious Jedi, and probably cause him to flip over and land on his back by the sheer force of the attack.

While Zanic would have to recover from the attack, Wind would be unharmed and easily be ready to jump up and turn. Once he had gotten to his feet and faced Zanic, Wind would take the initiative to take Zanic head on.

"Very good, Zanic. For a newly named Jedi Knight, your skills are naught to be ashamed of. I wish to see the extent of your skill. Let me see you take on my next attack!"

With that, the Jedi rushed into action. Wind’s first attack for his opponent would be a wide slash 225° from left to right at his shoulders. Wind would then slice in with four cuts from four feet away, and would readjust his location wherever Zanic would move.

(This method here - me following you if you try to run - is called a “determinable attack.” If your opponent tries to run away, you can follow them and resume your combo.)

The blade began to blur as Wind moved it, stabbing first at Zanic’s outer right arm with a stab from Wind’s left, retracting the blade and then going for his armpit of the same arm. The lightsaber swirled to the other end of Zanic, and then for the outer part of the left arm, and again retracting for a stab at his left armpit, working the blade in a perfect convex concave pattern when outlined.

If Zanic would at anytime attempt to counter during this combo, Wind would swirl his blade clockwise in the general direction of any incoming attack, and then resume his combo if possible.

(In case you don’t know, saber spinning for defense is called a “pre-emptive defense.” For the most part, it will block an incoming saber attack and can also block projectiles and some Force powers.)

Once the first combo was finished, Wind would rise into the air while spinning his blade in clockwise circles in his front to prevent any attacks from reaching him. He would continue to spin his blade in likewise fashion until the blade was hovering directly horizontal over Zanic’s head, at which time Wind would be upside down in the air over his opponent. When he would pass over Zanic’s head and be in a perfect position to do so, Wind would outstretch his right hand with the lightsaber to slash upward at his opponent’s from the bottom of his vertebrae to the bottom of his neck. He would follow up with a horizontal slash at the right side of his fellow Jedi’s neck, and then elegantly land on ground after completing a 360° flip, ending up twenty feet from Zanic’s position. Wind would once more turn towards Zanic, take his Niman stance, and await his opponent’s attack.

(It is usually wise to continually use pre-emptive defenses throughout your post, otherwise people can stop your combo in its first move, and then the rest of your post will be a waste.)
Back to top Go down
Trever Leingod

Trever Leingod

Finding Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Wind   Finding Wind Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 10:17 pm

(Let me know through a PM if this is confusing you. Wink I am going to try to see how well you can do against the big gunners here.)
Back to top Go down

Finding Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Wind   Finding Wind Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 11:47 am

Zanic... he's getting slaughtered by that Wind guy...

"Mind if I jump in?" Dawn called.
Back to top Go down
Zanic Scorchi

Zanic Scorchi

Finding Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Wind   Finding Wind Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 4:19 pm

Zanic heard Wind's feet coming at him. Zanic jumped up and came down, both feet planted on Wind's right foot. Zanic jumped off and did a backflip landing about five yards away from Wind.

Zanic stuck his right lightsaber to the right of him to block the shoulder attack and he then when Wind rushed again he blocked the stab by parrying it with his right lightsaber and spun it around again to block the armpit attack. Zanic then did the same thing with his left lightsaber parrying the stab and spinning it around again for the armpit attack.

Zanic heard Wind spinning his lightsaber, so Zanic didn't strike, for if he did, his lightsaber would be knocked from his grasp.

Zanic heard Wind rise into the air and come above him spinning his lightsaber and Zanic was about to defend when Wind cut off to the side.

"I see why they call you Wind." Zanic said jokingly turning to face Wind.

Wind came up and slashed at where Zanic's back would have been if he hadn't been facing towards him. Zanic was a few centimeters from where he was a second ago and he stuck his right lightsaber in front of him horizontally blocking the attack and he stuck his lightsaber vertically to the left side of his neck to block the last attack. He heard Wind take a defensive stance. Now it was Zanic's turn.

Zanic rushed forward, jumped up, and stuck his lightsabers into the ground making the rooftop tremble. Zanic pulled his lightsabers out and used force Speed to get around Wind and slashed horizontally on the center of Wind's back with his right lightsaber and stabbed at the upper back with his left lightsabers. He spun his lightsabers making sure to not overlap them blocking any counter. Zanic jumped up and was about to go over Wind but when he was above Wind he used force Push to his right side and landed on Wind's left side. He stabbed both lightsabers at Wind's thigh and jumped back lightsabers spinning.

"Sorry Dawn, but I think this is Wind's and my battle. You can ask Wind if you can." Zanic replied to Dawn's question.
Back to top Go down

Finding Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Wind   Finding Wind Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 6:37 am

"Well if he chains another attack on you, mirror it. It will probably end up knocking him over," Dawn said.

(( Just to give advice ))
Back to top Go down

Finding Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Wind   Finding Wind Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 2:41 pm

Glancing at Dawn as she offered her advice, Ashaiya grinned lightly deciding to offer her own as well. Not that she had much experience in lightsaber combat. However she did have experience in her training to become a Kiffar Guardian. Which was just about the same, except the melee weapons were heavier.

"Or simply intercept it on the first move. Break the first chain, the rest of it drops. Like...a quick force pull on his leg. Or using the environment to your advantage."

Turning over to Dawn now, she then spoke once more.

"Have you had any luck in continuing your training?"
Back to top Go down
Trever Leingod

Trever Leingod

Finding Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Wind   Finding Wind Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 3:13 pm

(As you probably noticed, I am going to give you some coaching hints with OOC comments throughout the fight.

Technically speaking, saber spins will not knock a lightsaber away unless you use Force Speed on your hand. It will most likely just catch an incoming attack. With people like Grievous, however, I would think that would be an exception due to his mechanical arms and strength, which is why Obi-Wan waited until his blades overlapped each other. The most it would do anyway would leave you open for a second or two, depending on your reflexes. The main purpose is for defense.)

Wind's plan to throw Zanic by kicking him was cleverly avoided by the young Jedi Knight, who used Wind's foot as a pedastal to leap over the Jedi Mystic's attack. Wind braced his leg for the impact as Zanic leapt on and off to avoid straining it. Wind jumped up and resumed his attacks, but Zanic cleverly parried all of them off. He was continually being impressed by his young opponent's skills.

"I am actually known as Wind because the breeze usually picks up when I'm around, my friend," Wind said with a smile, the air picking up and sweeping by, making his long coat flap a bit.

The Jedi readied himself for Zanic's attack, and took note when his opponent blurred towards him very quickly. As Zanic came around to Wind flank and attempted to back-attack him, Wind used the Force to speed himself in his turn to face Zanic and defend himself. Wind gripped his blue Avenger lightsaber with both hands, and brought it up from his right side, angled diagonally downwards to the right, and used a strong leftward thrust with the blade in this position to catch Zanic's left lightsaber in its stab while simulataneously catching Zanic's right blade in its horizontal slash, pushing them both a bit to Wind's left. This one move greatly utilized Soresu's impenetrable defense capabilities.

(While having two sabers allows one to attack in two places simultaneously, a person wielding one saber often holds an advantage, for he can use both arms while holding a single weapon, so that the one saber can hold off both opponents blades because it is using both arms' combined strength to boost its force, rather than just one arm's strength. Dooku utilized this knowledge against Anakin in their first duel.)

Wind would tried a counter, but Zanic jumped back and swirled his blades in front defensively, then taking flight overhead. Using his precognition abilities in the Force, Wind foresaw Zanic's Force Push from overhead. He held his lightsaber horizontally over his head and took a firm stance on the ground. The Force Push would mostly be absorbed by Wind's lightsaber, and his firm stance would also help him resist the effectiveness of the technique.

(As seen in most Star Wars games I've played, as well as most canon books and as somewhat insinuated in the movies, you can block the effect of Force Lightning as well as Push and Pull with a lightsaber. Be sure to use this knowledge in future fights.)

Wind turned towards Zanic as he landed, his blue lightsaber now being held in a rightward horizontal position in front of himself. The Jedi Knight made a strong 360° counterclock wise spin with his lightsaber as his opponent began his next strike, shoving Zanic's incoming sabers away from his thigh.

(You didn't specify which thigh of mine you were attacking - though it would be presumable it was my left thigh you intended to attack since that was the side you intended to land on - but this kind of defense would ward off the attack, regardless of which you were targeting. A useful move to know. That's the beauty of Form III. Very Happy )

Zanic's rush was finished with that last move, made apparent by his jump backward. Wind resumed his Niman stance and stood still.

"Well, Dawn, I am trying to see how good Zanic is. If you're worried about him, don't be - he is skillfully holding his own. You're welcome to join if you want, though." He told Dawn as he looked in her direction. "I suppose mirroring isn't a bad idea, though it can work against you if you're not careful."

Wind looked towards Ashaiya and replied to her comment. "What makes you think I will let him stop the chain?" he said with a smirk."The whole point of this lesson is to teach him to guard against chain breaks." He looked back over to Zanic.

(The entire point of "pre-emptive defenses/evasions" is to avoid combo breaks/interruptions. This makes your combo more secure from breaks and helps the fight flow much smoother. At the very least, they limit your opponent's countering options.

There were a lot of elite RPers that got annoyed with combo negations some years back, so they developed a fair way to guard against them - pre-emptive defenses/evasions.)

"I must admit, I am not sure if there is too much more I can teach you in combat. You've given me an admirable fight, Zanic. I commend you." Wind gave Zanic a Jedi salute with his lightsaber, then returned to his stance.

Wind would very quickly jump at Zanic then, attacking with a leftward 135° horizontal slash at the young Jedi’s neck, followed by a stab downwards at Zanic’s right knee. Wind spun his lightsaber vertically in a counterclockwise circle in front, in an attempt to catch both of Zanic’s lightsabers - if he should try to counter Wind - clash them together and hold them off as Wind made his next attack.

He would kick with his right leg instantly afterward, aiming his foot for the left side of Zanic’s stomach, with enough force to knock the young Jedi Knight down onto his back. If Zanic attempted to counter him and negate his attacks at any point during this combo, Wind would spin his sword clockwise with his lightsaber in his right hand, jump backwards and use Force Push with his left hand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Finding Wind Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Wind   Finding Wind Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finding Wind
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next