Jedi Sith Restoration Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jedi Sith Restoration Project

Jedi Sith shall NEVER die!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I have made a forum.

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

I have made a forum. Empty
PostSubject: I have made a forum.   I have made a forum. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 5:32 pm

Yes, I have made one. To access it go here: http://therepublic.4umer.net/forum.htm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have made a forum.   I have made a forum. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 5:44 pm

What's it about and why?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have made a forum.   I have made a forum. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 5:47 pm

It's about... Star Wars. I made it because I've been doing some thinking about setting a specific timeline, especially with everyone thinking of different times. So I set up the site with clear times and an easy make. Characters can be used in a different period and it will not effect this forum.
Back to top Go down
Terand
Administrator
Administrator
Terand

Male Number of posts : 454
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: I have made a forum.   I have made a forum. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 5:48 pm

Why should we move from one forum to another?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have made a forum.   I have made a forum. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 5:49 pm

Who said you had to?
Back to top Go down
Terand
Administrator
Administrator
Terand

PostSubject: Re: I have made a forum.   I have made a forum. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 5:51 pm

Ok, I'll put it another way. Why should we join a second forum when we pretty much have the same thing here and most likely the same people?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have made a forum.   I have made a forum. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 5:51 pm

It doesn't seem to be complete. o_O There's a lack of forums and such.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have made a forum.   I have made a forum. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 5:53 pm

I just made it like 10 minutes ago... -_-' It's not going to pop into existence!

Wow... my patience level has grown!! Now at: -200!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have made a forum.   I have made a forum. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 5:54 pm

Dawn Skywalker wrote:
I just made it like 10 minutes ago... -_-' It's not going to pop into existence!

Wow... my patience level has grown!! Now at: -200!!!

You expect us to jump onto an incomplete forum? Probably should finish it before advertising it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have made a forum.   I have made a forum. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 5:57 pm

I know... I didn't say you had to go. I'm just saying it's there for people who want to do some classic RPing. If you wish, I'll work on it. Just tell me what you want there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have made a forum.   I have made a forum. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 5:57 pm

Well, it's not like the time-frame really matters. I mean, honostly all it does is get in the way. What's the purpose of having a timeframe anyway? how many times in an RP do you say "I've been around here since 14 ABY!" You never do that. It's always along the lines of "I've been away for a while" or whatever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have made a forum.   I have made a forum. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 6:02 pm

... Oh my god man. I said this is for people who want to stick to the classic. This is a separate forum!! Yes, you can use your characters, but it does not apply to this forum. If people want to interact in certain environments or time frames, they can do it there. Has this helped your understanding of why I made it?
Back to top Go down
Terand
Administrator
Administrator
Terand

PostSubject: Re: I have made a forum.   I have made a forum. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 6:03 pm

What do you mean classic? I find nothing wrong with the RP here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have made a forum.   I have made a forum. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 6:05 pm

Wait a second! Why the hell is Terand a Mod and I'm not! >:O I feel so used!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have made a forum.   I have made a forum. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 6:06 pm

By classic I mean in the original universe created by George Lucas. The universe in the movies. By RPing there, you can interact with Canon Characters for fun. You can effect history without messing up the real universe or real events made by the actual Star Wars crew. In other words, it's a site for a trip down memory lane while having fun.
Back to top Go down
Terand
Administrator
Administrator
Terand

PostSubject: Re: I have made a forum.   I have made a forum. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 6:08 pm

Because I have connections with the admin. Wink

How can you effect history without altering the canon world? That makes no sense to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have made a forum.   I have made a forum. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 6:09 pm

Effect history on the forum. This is like copying the universe and altering the copy while the original remains un-touched. I'm sorry for the bad wording. I'm trying to clarify things.
Back to top Go down
Terand
Administrator
Administrator
Terand

PostSubject: Re: I have made a forum.   I have made a forum. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 6:12 pm

Also, where's the fun is RPing predefined events? No matter what you do in those RPs, the outcome is already set in stone before the RP starts. There's practically little free will left when RPing during canon events.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have made a forum.   I have made a forum. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 6:15 pm

It may be during Canon events, but it will be fun to interact with characters and though not being able to change the outcome, you can make small effects, and as time goes on, bigger ones. Like here, I had to work my way up to a recognized RPer, didn't I. It will take time, but eventually, people will be able to modify events. Not major events, but smaller and less significant.

Example: Can't stop Obi-Wan dieing, can meet with the Canon characters to help with events afterwords.
Back to top Go down
Terand
Administrator
Administrator
Terand

PostSubject: Re: I have made a forum.   I have made a forum. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 6:19 pm

If I want to do something involving a canon event, I'd much rather play a Star Wars game than RP it out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have made a forum.   I have made a forum. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 6:20 pm

Alright then. Nobody said you had to join, but it's open if you wish to check it out or simply watch and interact.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have made a forum.   I have made a forum. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 6:21 pm

Listen, you're young and we've all been down the same road as you. It NEVER works. The dedication level just isn't the same.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have made a forum.   I have made a forum. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 6:22 pm

For you maybe, but I will make it work. I've just got to stick to it.

It helps that my patience is growing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have made a forum.   I have made a forum. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 6:24 pm

Dawn Skywalker wrote:
For you maybe, but I will make it work. I've just got to stick to it.

It helps that my patience is growing.

There's more to making a successful forum than sticking to it. While that's essential there's still other factors weighing in.
Back to top Go down
Terand
Administrator
Administrator
Terand

PostSubject: Re: I have made a forum.   I have made a forum. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 6:25 pm

Like an idea that attracts others than just what you like.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have made a forum.   I have made a forum. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I have made a forum.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jedi Sith Restoration Project :: General :: General Chat-
Jump to: