Jedi Sith Restoration Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jedi Sith Restoration Project

Jedi Sith shall NEVER die!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Veteran's Day

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Veteran's Day Empty
PostSubject: Veteran's Day   Veteran's Day Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 5:51 pm

On Veteran's day, I will not be posting any RP's or anything due to my high respect for the veterans. My father is a retired CWO-5 in the United States Marine Corps, and I'm a future Marine myself, so this day is kind of close to my heart. I suggest that you all take a break from fighting and such too, not to take a break but to honor those of all countries that have served to protect our liberties and rights as human beings.

Semper Fi, Do or Die.
Your friendly future Marine,
Mike
Back to top Go down

Veteran's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day   Veteran's Day Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 5:57 pm

Had you not included "not to take a break but to honor those of all countries that have served to protect our liberties and rights as human beings" I probably would've shrugged this off.
Back to top Go down

Veteran's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day   Veteran's Day Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 6:10 pm

This makes me somewhat proud to be American.
Back to top Go down

Veteran's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day   Veteran's Day Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 6:11 pm

Dawn Skywalker wrote:
This makes me somewhat proud to be American.

Always be proud of what you are. Regardless of the country's negatives.
Back to top Go down

Veteran's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day   Veteran's Day Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 6:13 pm

America's wrongs are inexcusable. Like, bombing Japan for one...
Back to top Go down

Veteran's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day   Veteran's Day Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 6:14 pm

Dawn Skywalker wrote:
America's wrongs are inexcusable. Like, bombing Japan for one...

Discuss such things with another American. I'm just saying, be proud of what you are.
Back to top Go down

Veteran's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day   Veteran's Day Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 6:17 pm

I'm proud of who I am, just not my nationality.
Back to top Go down

Veteran's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day   Veteran's Day Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 6:22 pm

Your nationality is a part of what you are. Isn't it?
Back to top Go down

Veteran's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day   Veteran's Day Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 6:23 pm

Japan bombed us, so we bombed them. I'd say it was pretty even-stevens. And before you blow up on me: I lived in Okinawa, Japan for three years. I don't exactly agree with nucleur weapons, but MILLIONS of more lives would have been lost had we invaded the mainland with troops. I for one, am quite proud of our decision.

And thank you, both of you, for your support. It's not just America that deserves to be honored for their services to freedom. Other countries have done just as much and more than we have.
Back to top Go down

Veteran's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day   Veteran's Day Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 6:27 pm

You. Lived. In. Japan?! How much you want for three years of your life?!
Back to top Go down

Veteran's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day   Veteran's Day Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 6:31 pm

Good job, Mike. I applaud you for your sacrifice and honor your service to our country.

And Dawn, all countries have done things in their past that they aren't proud of. We were in a war for our survival as a nation. All is fair in love and war. Sometimes actions like the bombing are necessary in order to ensure your own survival, and overall it probably saved more lives (American AND Japanese) than it destroyed. Regardless, instead of focusing on the bad things (as you see them) America has done, why don't you focus on the good? For instance, we are among the largest contributors of charity funds and disaster relief in the world (in fact, I'm pretty sure we're #1 in that respect, but I can't say for sure).

You may not agree with me, but I will forever say God bless America!
Back to top Go down

Veteran's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day   Veteran's Day Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 6:33 pm

Nothing you can offer is worth those three years, which happen to be the best years of my life. Japan's an AMAZING place and we lived on a military base right on the beach so I could walk out of our appartment complex (Also amazingly nice) and be standing in miles of public beach. Down town wasn't too bad either. It was crowded as hell but it had all the Japanese Pokemon cards which were our most valuable posessions at the age of 8.

I recomend going there if you ever get the chance. You won't regret it.

Lancer, if you ever come by the state of Maine, I'm gonna give you a fucking hug for that.
Back to top Go down

Veteran's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day   Veteran's Day Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 6:35 pm

Haha, I'm glad you appreciate it, but I wouldn't count on me making it out to Maine...I live on the other side of the country! Wink
Back to top Go down

Veteran's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day   Veteran's Day Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 6:37 pm

I plan to get there with several friends sometime, and yes, I own pokemon cards, but am now mortified due to the loss of my game... wah...

I did a report on Japan, and GOD IT IS AMAZING!!
Back to top Go down

Veteran's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day   Veteran's Day Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 6:39 pm

We had a Japanese family come and visit us every summer for a few years awhile back. We were gonna take the son in as an exchange student, but it didn't end up working out. Still, it was pretty sweet. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Veteran's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day   Veteran's Day Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 7:01 pm

They're the nicest people aren't they?
Back to top Go down

Veteran's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day   Veteran's Day Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 7:02 pm

Yeah, they are. Very polite. Smile
Back to top Go down

Veteran's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day   Veteran's Day Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 7:07 pm

They used to always rub my head for good luck because I used to be blonde AND I have curly hair so I was like double the luck for them. It was hilarious. I once held up a peace sign to a store owner out in downtown and I didn't know (I was only 9 years old at the time) that America's peace sign was originally created after WW2 ended and meant VICTORY!!!! So this Japanese guy grabs a frying pan from the shelf behind him and starts chasing me around the store! I was like "OH MY GOD WHAT DID I DO!?" It didn't help that I was wearing a Young Marine uniform.

Good times in Oki. I used to have penpals but we lost touch.
Back to top Go down

Veteran's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day   Veteran's Day Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 4:16 am

Lol I should've been there.... that would've been hilarious!!!
Back to top Go down
Vegito Rikhard

Vegito Rikhard

Male Number of posts : 1138
Registration date : 2008-09-24

Veteran's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day   Veteran's Day Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 6:22 am

Dawn Skywalker wrote:
I plan to get there with several friends sometime, and yes, I own pokemon cards, but am now mortified due to the loss of my game... wah...

I did a report on Japan, and GOD IT IS AMAZING!!

Do you know about Akita?
Back to top Go down
Mark Kenobi

Mark Kenobi

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Veteran's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day   Veteran's Day Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 9:18 am

Isn't that the site of some kind of Japanese miracles? scratch
Back to top Go down
Vegito Rikhard

Vegito Rikhard

Veteran's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day   Veteran's Day Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 10:15 am

Miracles in Japan would more appropriate.
Back to top Go down
Mark Kenobi

Mark Kenobi

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Veteran's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day   Veteran's Day Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 10:50 am

Hey, I could write a song like that.
Back to top Go down
Vegito Rikhard

Vegito Rikhard

Veteran's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day   Veteran's Day Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 10:52 am

Oh yeah, you do that, don't you?
Back to top Go down

Veteran's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day   Veteran's Day Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 6:19 pm

Did Obama do your momma?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Veteran's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day   Veteran's Day Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Veteran's Day
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next