Jedi Sith Restoration Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jedi Sith Restoration Project

Jedi Sith shall NEVER die!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Grove

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Thaed

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-07-03

The Grove Empty
PostSubject: The Grove   The Grove Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 1:57 pm

The smell of charring wood pilfered over the Dantooine plains, originating as a plume of smoke ascended against a backdrop of rustic, earthy tones. The small flames licked at a fresh piece of fish, barbed onto a rack, being gently turned by a placid touch of hand. Here a man sat, wholly absorbed with his fish fry, caring not for the world beyond arm's length. The world, staring back, would have cared even less than he had it not been for the notoriety, the power of which the man possessed to alter its whole.

Thaed could have been easily spied these last few months, years perhaps, in this location, not an hour's walk from the Jedi Temple. Still, he had not been bothered, even as the Jedi plunged into a rotting husk of their former self. They had not utilized their resources, failed to adhere and to survive by their Code and made no rebuke as the Sith and those that would tear them down waited on the doorstep to annihilate them. The Jedi had long wilted passed being endangered. At the present, they faced complete extinction.

The scales of the fish began to flake off, signifying that the preparation for the dinner meal was nearly finished. The midday's rays of the Dantooine sun pierced a low-hanging cloud bathing him and his abode in a refreshing bit of warmth. The former Jedi Master smiled, believing that this was to be a good day.

As for the Jedi? They needed all the help they could get and it would come as it has time and again. Perhaps it would take a Padawan to rejuvenate his faith in them or a Master to enlist a bit of his help. He'd wait and watch the galaxy from his view across the Grove.
Back to top Go down
Adroit System

Adroit System

Male Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2008-07-02

The Grove Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Grove   The Grove Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 4:19 pm

Nemiti walked at a leisurly pace, in no hurry to reach the jedi temple. Besides, if he hurried he might miss something important. On the open plains of dantooine, few would expect anything of particular interest or importance, unless you found farms and kath hounds exciting. But for a historian, or someone who knew of the great events that have occurred on Dantooine, the area was a gold mine. The Draethos knew he walked upon ground that once radiated with light, and that jedi were trained upon. Many that have shaped the galaxy.

Focus eyes scanned the planet around him, examining everything he passed, leaving no rock under turned. As it was, he was setting down one particular rock when his nose caught the scent of smoke drifting in the breeze. Bringing himself to his feet, he quickly identified the hazy trail, and following it without question. Excitement boiled through his veins as he imagined what sort of things he would find. It was the most grand images, that were so unreal, he wouldn’t believe it even if they came true. And as such, he did not jump to the source, nor run with a grin upon his face. But with the same leisurely pace, and serene mindset.

When the flames came into view, and the man resting gently on one side, Nemiti smiled. Conversation… The idea sparked interest, and even the most mundane fellows could stir interest within Nemiti.

”Excuse me sir, do you have a moment?”
Back to top Go down
Thaed

The Grove Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Grove   The Grove Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 12:45 pm

"Always, always, always."

He said this while idling by, tending very observably to his mid-day meal, sparing not a moment to look at the new fellow. Still, the man could obviously tell that the hungry chef of sorts had his undivided attention - something about his lightened demeanor, as if he was glad that someone had done him the honor of making his acquaintance. The rack was turned again.

"What's on your mind, young master?"
Back to top Go down
Adroit System

Adroit System

The Grove Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Grove   The Grove Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 2:10 pm

“My name is Nemiti Soel, and I wanted to ask you a few questions.”

The Draethos said, though this time, no sound came from his mouth. In fact, only the sound of his leather bag hitting the hard ground with a thump as he took a seat. He spoke through telepathy, a natural, ability that came with his species. He would assume this man would react positively, as speaking basic was difficult for the Draethos, and unclear.

“Have you livedherelong?”
Back to top Go down
Thaed

The Grove Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Grove   The Grove Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 5:15 pm

"For the better parts of my life, yes. What little time I've spent away from here was with the Jedi Order just short of an hour's walk from here."

He removed the blazoned pieces of fish from the rack and barb and placed them next to some berries and nuts he had acquired from the surrounding area. At this point, he looked to the Darethos and nodded, responding to him telepathically as the newcomer had been doing all along, not wanting to be rude if this was the way of things.

"Do you like fish?"
Back to top Go down
Adroit System

Adroit System

The Grove Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Grove   The Grove Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 5:47 pm

A former jedi… oh what tales he would hear. Stories of adventure and glory. Of loss and sacrifice. Questions poured into his mind as the richness of information he could gather. But most of all, the personality of a jedi, to be recorded and understood. What was it about a jedI, that many would regard them as guardians and protectors of the galaxy? And others would see them as trouble makes and destroyers disguise.

“Oh my? You were once a jedi?”

Nemiti said, nodding to the man’s questions as his eyes glanced upon the fresh meat.

“I understand that training is difficult, and that it is a long process. What was training like for you?”
Back to top Go down
Thaed

The Grove Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Grove   The Grove Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 8:26 am

"Aye, young master, I was indeed once a Jedi. A Jedi Master even and have served on several Councils both here and abroad."

He fileted the fish with a polished flick of his wrist and set a large leaf-wrapped helping of the meat, nuts and berries in the general direction of the Draethos, smiling as he did so.

"Training is very difficult both on the mind as well as the body but it's only as long as you make it..."

The former Master took a first bite of the fish, casually pausing to let the taste and texture savor on his tongue. There was nothing like enjoying a good day's catch.

"My training?" He coughed up a chuckle. "I'm not sure I've been asked about that in quite a while. It was what it was. I didn't make much of it at the time, hard-headed and impractical as I was back then. Not to take anything away from my master but he was a stepping stone and he knew it the entire time. Suffice to say that once I grew into my abilities his reluctance for me as a person and a former student also grew until it came to pass that he had me banished from the Order. I owe him a bit of gratitude, I must say. Had it not been for him, I may still be a Jedi and would've never found true peace and harmony with the Force."

He took another bite, enjoying another savoring hesitation with this as well. He looked out in the direction of the inquisitive being.

"But the tales of a washed-up old man are nothing to the dreams and ambitions of a younger generation. So, young master, tell me what brings you out here."
Back to top Go down
Adroit System

Adroit System

The Grove Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Grove   The Grove Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 9:43 am

Nemiti took the fish respectively, keeping his eyes on Thaed as not to be rude. The fresh scent drifting upwards was heavenly, and Nemiti could almost already taste it. A fish so fresh, and cooked in such a fashion was an experience he had never had. But even the slowly roasted meal would not pry his attentive ears from the man’s stories. It was these personal accounts that Nemiti felt were so important, and so riveting. No matter how mundane they may seem.

”I am a historian, and a philosopher by passion. I realize a philosopher without the force to one such as yourself might seem less enlightened. But I believe every perspective should be seen, and there may be a certain weight. When you see without the force that is.”

Nemiti said, pausing to take a bite of his meal. The mix of warm meat, with a hint of smoke was a delectable taste.

”I came out to Dantooine because of its historical significance. I find the tales that you have lived are important and enveloping. I may be over two hundred years, but for the first 150 I was not a historian, or a philosopher. So I have some catching up to do. So it was that I was on my way to the jedi order when I stumbled upon you. I was looking to hear tales and learn the history from a personal view. To see the galaxy in my own eyes. And not learn from the so called objective readings around the galaxy. I want to hear from every side, and look deeper into every situation.”

Nemiti smiled. He found his voice raising and building up as he felt the excitement flowing through each word.

”Oh… there is so much to learn, so much to understand. I am cursed that I have only eight hundred more years to learn from the galaxy. And from those events and individuals that have shaped it..”
Back to top Go down
Thaed

The Grove Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Grove   The Grove Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 10:51 am

Another chuckle slipped his lips as he bade the Draethos a response.

"Then it is I who should be referring you as as their elder and sir. Our species would do so well to look as young as you do now with a quarter of your years. But - so goes the universe. I'm afraid there's little I can tell you than you probably already know about this system. I used to travel, be it pertinent or no, but I have settled here acting as emissary for the Monks of Shimura. I know the land well enough to be an inconspicuous note in its harmony and I know the Force. Aside from those caveats, I'm afraid I'm quite ignorant."

He was finishing with his sliver of fish when he shifted his position there on the ground from a bent-over-kneeling eating arrangement to a more comfortable and inviting one which had his legs crossed infront of him facing Nemiti.

"Master Nemiti, excuse my impoliteness. I am Thaed. Now that you have my full and undivided attention, I suppose I may answer some of your questions, if you would allow me to do so. I hope I can be a service as a catalyst for your passion through my answers.
Back to top Go down
Adroit System

Adroit System

The Grove Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Grove   The Grove Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 12:45 pm

”No need to worry master. Your experience and wisdom reaches far beyond my years. Remember, it took me a hundred and fifty years to discover myself, and my passion. I did not understand what was important to me, and to the galaxy. So you see… I have only fifty years of knowledge under my belt. But I wont try to judge your age, or relate wisdom to the number of years one has breathed.”

Nemiti responded. More questions bubbling to the surface with every word that reached his ears.

”I hope you don’t mind, but my goal is to discover the people in themselves. So my questions may be of a personal nature. If you are uncomfortable answering any question, please do not answer.”

Nemiti’s paused, trying to pick among the questions that fought so eagerly to be asked first. Finally, Nemiti decided to start at the beginning.

”Where were you born? And where were you raised?”
Back to top Go down
Thaed

The Grove Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Grove   The Grove Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 1:05 pm

"I was born 39 years ago here on Dantooine. From here, if you head south by southeast you will come upon a patch of fields that are still maintained to this day, by my warrant, but not by me physically. That is where I spent the first eight years of my life -- tilling, planting, harvesting as far back as my first few memories take me."

He shifted, smirking as he did so. It was clear that something had struck him with his next though.

"Then a Jedi found me, said my midi-chlorian count was too high to dismiss, even at my older-than-normal-youngling's age. And off I went..."
Back to top Go down
Adroit System

Adroit System

The Grove Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Grove   The Grove Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 1:14 pm

”Who was this man who found you? What made his check your midi-chlorian count?”

Nemiti was quickly discovering that he wanted to question every detail of this man’s life. Every feeling, thought, and moment. For a moment Nemiti lost track of his thoughts, questioning the morality, and the impact such a thing would have. How did this man feel about his life being recorded, and studied by a Draethos he himself didn’t even know. And then it accord to him. He hadn’t even mentioned that he was going to record this.

”Oh, before you answer… I forgot to mention I intend on recording this information. It would be a novel if you would, of your life. I will not give information to any others unless given permission to do so.”
Back to top Go down
Thaed

The Grove Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Grove   The Grove Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 1:27 pm

"If it help you in any way, as I've said, then use it as you may. I'm just here for the ride."

Pausing, as he thought, he was quick to continue, settled on the way to go about this.

"I was helping my father in the market, setting up for the sale. The Jedi, who, at that time in my life after many of my mother's fascinating tales, I was fascinated with, approached me. He asked about our stock and I riddled off what I knew, taught to be confident but gracious by my father as a selling tool. The Jedi thanked me, patted me on the head and bought nearly half of our lot. We ended up selling nearly everything, a first, by the end of the market's run and both my father and I were ecstatic. He took off to tend the outer fields immediately and I made my way back home as I often did.

Upon reaching my home, I overheard my mother speaking to an obvious guest, as my father would still be in the fields until late that night. I was surprised to find the Jedi I had met in the market there. He proceeded to tell me a shortened, more understandable version of the revelation he shared with my mother prior. It concerned my midi-chlorian count which the Jedi said was basically how great a Jedi the boy could be and he said it was indeed very high. The Jedi said he learned of this when he removed a strand of my hair when he patted me before on the head. The Jedi, Delias, come to find out, then asked me if I had any desire of becoming a Jedi which, of course, I confirmed. Delias and myself set out immediately after I was told that there was no time to waste, due to my age and that training needed to being immediately. I didn't know it then but that was the last time I would ever see them. I thought I was going on a year long adventure, get a chance to tell my mother some stories of my own when I returned. But the training was involved and soon, as it does, you become engrossed in the nature of the training and I soon forgot about them."
Back to top Go down
Adroit System

Adroit System

The Grove Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Grove   The Grove Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 1:42 pm

Nemiti jotted down notes on a piece of parchment he had pulled from his leather bag. He would later organize them, but for now his glance would shift from the paper to Thaed as he spoke.

”I take it you were at the time excited to leave, and begin your adventure. It was a happy moment for you?”

Nemiti recalled his relationship with his own parents. And his years as a child. Those years had been blissfully full of wonder and happiness. Now though, tensions would surely arise if he returned. Quickly, Nemiti dismissed his own thoughts, returning to the story at hand.

"How long was your training?"
Back to top Go down
Thaed

The Grove Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Grove   The Grove Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 8:16 pm

"Excited? Yes. Nervous? Yes. But I went nonetheless. Training was training - arduous both mentally and physically but I appreciated my place there. I frequented the Knights, Masters and Councilors as much as they would allow me, despite the protests I received from my Master because of this. As I said, he was a stepping stone and it was made worse and worse the more he came to grips with it. The Order, at least here on Dantooine, saw me as a project that could benefit from the entirety of their knowledge, a new method of teaching, trial and acceptance which was separate from the Master-Padawan relationship every other Jedi had. As a result, I excelled and was soon Knighted according to custom."

He cocked his head to reveal that his attention wavered, becoming wholly concerned with another topic.

"Are you looking to become a Jedi yourself?"
Back to top Go down
Adroit System

Adroit System

The Grove Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Grove   The Grove Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 9:45 am

Nemiti paused, looking back in confusion.

”Well…”

Nemiti said, stalling as he tried grasp the idea of becoming a jedi.

”I have never thought about it. Its to imagine being a jedi. My goals and motives have always been rooted in history and philosophy. Which from what I understand is very similar to the jedi ways. But there is so much unknown to be about the jedi order.”

The idea was silly and unrealistic, but all the same it stuck with Nemiti. However the man’s tone hung in the air… as if he was asking Nemiti to join with that question alone.. But then Nemiti was two hundred years old. There was a reason that the jedi looked for young one’s. Nemiti hypothesized that it was to find those who had not found themselves. Who’s personalities, habits, likes and dislikes could all be molded to fit the perfect jedi. Nemiti had certainly found himself, and his personality was set in stone. There would be no teaching how feel or not feel. To be objective and wise.

But perhaps Nemiti settled into a persona… that mirrored how a jedi was supposed to act. How he was supposed to feel and view the world. Maybe Nemiti, was perfect for the jedi.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Grove Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Grove   The Grove Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Grove
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jedi Sith Restoration Project :: The Roleplay :: Roleplay Forum-
Jump to: