Jedi Sith Restoration Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jedi Sith Restoration Project

Jedi Sith shall NEVER die!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Should we allow...

Go down 
+3
Terand
Lord Belial
Redack
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Should we allow... Empty
PostSubject: Should we allow...   Should we allow... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 4:29 am

Original characters to be used on the forum?
Back to top Go down

Should we allow... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should we allow...   Should we allow... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 5:20 am

Original characters? As in our own created character? Or do you mean canonical characters such as Luke?
Back to top Go down
Redack

Redack

Male Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Should we allow... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should we allow...   Should we allow... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 9:53 am

I'm pretty sure Dawn meant canonical characters... If so I have to say it should remain as it is and not allow them... Two reasons, the first is quite obvious... Whoever is playing as that character needs to know pretty much everything about them, it would make sense for my character to make a reference that Luke (for example) doesn't have a clue about just because the person playing them doesn't know... The second is that it sort of just removes the whole point of role-playing, why would you want to play as a pre-defined character and have no real control over who they are... Maybe that just me and some people would prefer that, but I don't Razz
Back to top Go down
Lord Belial

Lord Belial

Male Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Should we allow... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should we allow...   Should we allow... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 2:28 pm

Certain canon characters are godly powerful, and most are already trained. That would highly unbalance the sides, among the reasons that Redack stated.

Thus, I vote no.
Back to top Go down

Should we allow... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should we allow...   Should we allow... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 3:23 pm

Dawn Skywalker wrote:
Should we allow...original characters to be used on the forum?

No. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Terand
Administrator
Administrator
Terand

Male Number of posts : 454

Should we allow... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should we allow...   Should we allow... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 4:10 pm

Denied
Back to top Go down
Vegito Rikhard

Vegito Rikhard

Male Number of posts : 1138
Registration date : 2008-09-24

Should we allow... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should we allow...   Should we allow... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 4:12 pm

I concur. No canon characters.
Back to top Go down
Lord Belial

Lord Belial

Male Number of posts : 84

Should we allow... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should we allow...   Should we allow... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 4:39 pm

Terand wrote:
Denied
Two/three mod votes.
Bill denied.

This has been the rule of JS since it's founding, anyway.
Back to top Go down

Should we allow... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should we allow...   Should we allow... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 5:51 pm

And being how predictable this forum is... I was right! Good... someone I know was thinking of bringing in canon characters.
Back to top Go down
Terand
Administrator
Administrator
Terand

Male Number of posts : 454

Should we allow... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should we allow...   Should we allow... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 5:53 pm

I believe there was also a rule about not being able to use canon characters.
Back to top Go down

Should we allow... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should we allow...   Should we allow... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 5:57 pm

I don't know why you would want to, anyways. It's much more fun to make your own character. Plus, it would suck if you died as one of your favorite characters, haha
Back to top Go down

Should we allow... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should we allow...   Should we allow... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 5:59 pm

Lolz... *imagine mode*

Yoda: Yipee!!

Belial: *comes out of nowhere and slashes through body*

Yoda: Shocked *keels over*

*snaps out of it*

Heh heh... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mark Kenobi

Mark Kenobi

Number of posts : 302

Should we allow... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should we allow...   Should we allow... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 8:23 pm

What the blazes? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Vegito Rikhard

Vegito Rikhard

Male Number of posts : 1138
Registration date : 2008-09-24

Should we allow... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should we allow...   Should we allow... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 9:42 am

Hooray for the stoppers.
Back to top Go down
Richter Belmont

Richter Belmont

Male Number of posts : 1194
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Should we allow... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should we allow...   Should we allow... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 10:42 am

How come then there is a Count Dooku and a Jedi Knight Yorick (clone of Obi-Wan)?
Back to top Go down

Should we allow... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should we allow...   Should we allow... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 3:07 pm

Richter Belmont wrote:
How come then there is a Count Dooku and a Jedi Knight Yorick (clone of Obi-Wan)?

I believe Count Dooku isn't the actual Count Dooku from the movies. Don't know about Yorick though.
Back to top Go down
Richter Belmont

Richter Belmont

Male Number of posts : 1194
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Should we allow... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should we allow...   Should we allow... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 3:07 pm

Yorick said he is actually an Obi-Wan clone.
Back to top Go down

Should we allow... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should we allow...   Should we allow... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 5:48 pm

Now that's just pissin' in my cheerios. People should learn to make their own characters. Canon Characters are all too mushy mushy and alot of them are just overly idiotic to the point that I can't watch any of the starwars movies because they run into the simplest problems and freak out.

"THE JEDI TEMPLE IS UNDER ATTACK!"

You have a ship... Bomb the fuck out of it...
Back to top Go down
Septerra

Septerra

Female Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Should we allow... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should we allow...   Should we allow... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 10:16 pm

Nope
Back to top Go down

Should we allow... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should we allow...   Should we allow... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 1:17 am

Richter Belmont wrote:
Yorick said he is actually an Obi-Wan clone.

Well, that should not have been allowed. Frankly, doing something like that is just dumb, sorry to say. I dunno who let him get away with that; I certainly wasn't around.
Back to top Go down
Redack

Redack

Should we allow... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should we allow...   Should we allow... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 10:14 am

Dooku's explaination was something about him being a clone of the origional Dooku left in some sort of stasis... But he added his own differences to the clone to make it more his own character than the origional... You'd have to ask him to get the exact story but thats how I remember it...
Back to top Go down

Should we allow... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should we allow...   Should we allow... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 11:40 am

As long as there are major differences and a good story behind it, I'm fine with clones of canon characters but actual canon characters are BS
Back to top Go down
Redack

Redack

Should we allow... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should we allow...   Should we allow... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 12:17 pm

I remember one guy that tried to RP as THE Luke Skywalker... But when I had Redack reference something that Luke would probably remember, and he hadn't read the book it researched it he just cameo ut with some random comment about not knowing what i was talking about Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Should we allow... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should we allow...   Should we allow... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should we allow...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jedi Sith Restoration Project :: General :: Heated Debate-
Jump to: